Yes, we're moving, but not far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
Some of you have seen our for sale ad here and are wondering what we're doing.  Rather than answer a lot of emails and phone calls, here's what we're doing.  This is copied from our blog.  If you've read that, then you know it all :)

Since we have had the lot in Spring Branch, we?re spending most of the winter months there and not traveling as much as we used to.  We have decided the time has come for a house to spend those winter month in.  We discussed putting a manufactured home on our lot and the more we thought about it, it seemed like a big project.  There would be a lot of electrical work and rerouting of water and sewer lines to accommodate a house.  Then we remembered that our neighbors 2 doors away had their house and lot for sale.  The asking price was reasonable and probably no more than we would spend putting something on our lot.  So we told them we would buy it once we sell our lot.  Their lot not only has a house but a full hookup RV site in back and an electric and water site in the front.  So we would still have a place for our RVing friends to stay when they visit us.
We?re excited about the future as we?ll keep the same wonderful neighbors and will have room for our non-RVing friends and family to stay during visits.

Lorna and Ned,

Sounds like a great move to me.  I hope that things move well and you can complete the deal swiftly and get on with enjoying the "new" house.

Jim, thanks.  We aren't in any hurry and may not actually close until we return next fall.  Of course, if we find a buyer for the lot sooner, things could happen this winter, but the neighbors will be moving back to Colorado so they have a lot to organize too.

Congratulations on the future house purchase. If the sellers are returning to Colorado, they probably won't want to leave warm Texas for cold snowy Colorado until spring. High in Cortez yesterday was 15. Have fun filling up the new house when you start moving in. Maybe you could come to Colorado and take away some of our stuff to fill it ?

Wendy

Wendy, if you want us to store anything, you'll have to deliver it :)

Most of the lot owners in this approximately 100 lot subdivision are current or former RVers and many are also Escapees.  Makes for a friendly neighborhood.

What a deal!  Perhaps we can get down that way.  Having sold the MH we aren't traveling as much as before but still traveling.  Matter of fact we have a condo rented for the winter at Clearwater Beach, FL. 

The problem deal is: we are awaiting the arrival of our first grandchild (a boy) in late April.  I'm not sure how soon after that I will be able to get granny on the road.

George, you'll be welcome any time.  But wait until we get the house if you don't bring an RV :)

Ned & Lorna, I,m sure it will all work out.  You have a lovely lot, and great neighbours from what Donna and I could tell from meeting them.  It sure seems like a win win situation, staying so close, and getting a more permanent place.  We reached that decision 2 years ago and that is why we bouth the place here in St Petes. 
  We wish you the best of luck with your new digs.

Ed & Donna

Ed & Donna, thank you for the good wishes.  You're always welcome to return for a visit.  We do have great neighbors.

Ned:

While you're at it you might as well get a summer place up in Wisconsin to keep Lorna busy and out of trouble . :D

We plan on having an RV so we will still go to WI in the summer.  It may be smaller, but we plan on still traveling, just not as much.

Betty Brewer said:
But wait,

Has Lorna yet visited all of the State capitols?

All but Hawaii and we aren't going to get the motorhome there :)

Good luck with your big move!  We'll find you no matter where you go  :D

Don and Mary Ann

Ned, we know how that goes, we still have the lot in Yuma but I already have two buyers for it when we are ready. Now, if I could just find a buyer for our Bounder..... We will miss seeing you guys in AZ.

Jerry & Arlyne

Don, we aren't going far.  I think you can find us :)

Jim, traveling was usually relaxing, but not always.  I'm sure you understand that :)

Jerry, sorry to hear you're selling too, but understand the circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom