No hot water flow in shower.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

99WinAdventurer37G

I winterized my unit by blowing out with compressed air.  Then took it to a CG & hooked up to their water.  Now I have no water pressure in the shower on the hot water side.  Both the kitchen and bath sink have hot water pressure.  I took off the hot water valve, couldn't see anything that could be causing the problem.  Is there a filter that only goes to the shower hot water side?  If so where would it be on a 99 Winnebago Adventurer 37G?  The outside shower doesn't have any hot water pressure either.  Nor did I get HW pressure when I filled the storage tank and turned on the water pump.  Any ideas?

We've had that problem reported in this board before and check valves are the usual suspect.  Here's one thread that's relevant.  Use the search box at the top left of this page and search on "hot water" - you'll get a bunch of hits.

There is nothing in the heater or the associated check valves that would limit a problem to the shower only. I think I would be looking at the hot water tap in the shower, especially if it is a single lever control - they are quite sensitive to clogging with debris or mineral salts.  My best guess is that something happened when you blew out the lines.

The fact that it is the shower and outside shower seem to eliminate the shower control valve, although that is what I would normally suspect. Do you get cold water at both showers?

As far as check valves are concerned, the likely spots are: in the city water input fitting (part of the fitting); on the input of the hot water heater; on the output of the hot water heater. Not all HW heater systems have two check valves, some have none, some have 1, some have two, it depends on the bypass  system installed in most cases.  There is one that is part of the fresh water pump itself as well . There might be others but unlikely, I think....

Should you have created an airlock as a result of blowing things out or dislodged some "crap" (a highly technical term!) in the lines it could take a while with the faucets open before any water flows, and may be accompanied by a lot of hissing and sputtering. I think the shower heads with those very fine passages in them are a prime candidate for blockage by "crap"..... (as is the kitchen faucet, in my case, it seems I am always taking it apart and cleaning the small filter screen despite the use of a whole house filter outside!!)

Did you change the hot water tank bypass valves back to their operating settings?  If you have a two valve bypass, leaving one of the valves in the bypass position will block the flow of hot water out of the tank.

The shower has a higher water flow than the sink faucets, so a partially open bypass valve may pass enough water to let the sinks operate normally but not enough for full flow at the shower.

John Hilley said:
The fact that it is the shower and outside shower seem to eliminate the shower control valve, although that is what I would normally suspect. Do you get cold water at both showers?

Yes, great pressure if you love cold showers.  I can't believe I drove over 1000 miles to FL to have cold showers.  ;)

Actually I can take showers at my parents before I come back to the MH.  But in a pinch I can fill up a gallon jug with hot water from a sink to use.  So it's not the hot water heater.  But I'd like to have hot showers for the rest of my trip if I can fix it.

Be absolutely sure the outside shower/ utility bay faucets are turned off.  Thhis can (depending on unit) be after kitchen before shower, it happened to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom