Height

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimlaurielucy

Our new Adventurer is listed as 12ft8inches high.  It came with a king dome on it.  Is the dome higher than the air conditioners?  Would like to know for clearance, but don' want to to get up there if possible. Thanks

Only way I would ever trust would be to get up there or from a ladder. then still add a few inches. too many variables since new such as tire size, air pressure.

The best thing to do is get up there and measure it when the coach is atride height. Nobody can give you an exact height of your coach any other way.

The other way is find a low clearance and test it, but it may get expensive.

Steve

The listed height will be with standard equipment, so if the dome is standard it should be included in the 12'8". If not, you better check!  Domes come in a couple of heights, basically low-profile and normal height.  The low profile is about the same height as a usual roof a/c, but the regular is typically higher. However, there are a couple different roof a/c heights too.  Don't know which brand and model dome may be on yours, or what brand and model of a/c either.  Can you identify them for us?

I had that very question when our Horizon was new (and we also had a King Dome.)  The listed height was 11' 9" and we measured it at about 12' 3" and figure we can squeak under a 12' 6" overpass.

How we measured it was interesting.  We took a two day driving class (Dick Reed) and Werner, our instructor, brought out a measured PVC pipe in an "L" shape and he held the pipe against the side of the coach and looked to see where the arm of the pipe was located.

Speaking of height, Werner had a nifty trick to help judge clearances from a distance.  He walked forward of the front of the coach (I was in the driver's seat) carrying the 12'6" PVC pipe and asked me to shout out when the horizontal part of the pipe met the lower part of the windshield's tinted band.  Then I noted the distance Werner was in front of me.  This obviously isn't very precise, but we've used it several times in campgrounds to evaluate overhead obstructions.

A couple of creative tips there John. Thanks for sharing.

captsteve said:
snipped...

The other way is find a low clearance and test it, but it may get expensive.

Steve

Many have tried getting their sailboats under bridges using that method!! Especially tricky in tidal waters.....

Thanks for the replies.  The air conditioners are Trueair max 13500 btu low profile. The King Dome is 9704 Stationary
Series.  That is all the info I have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom