winnebago elandan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claudio and Christine

looking for all info on the elandan rv from winnebago 1984  - 1993 the 37 footer  but  shorter ones too
good bad and all in between  im looking for 37 foot now  cheap  so all info helpfull
ive had 1 rv before so not a stranger{but my rv days was a while back and after i fixed it    allone i  HAD  to sell it.  :(    }

you can download a brochure at winnebagoind.com  then go to Winnebago Motor Homes then open Motor Homes and choose Brochure archive.  You may also be able to get some diagrams for plumbing, etc. not sure how far back the go on that.  They have brochure downlaods back to the 70's.
I fell in love with the Elandan at a 1980's LA RV show, never purchased one, in 90 purchased a new SuperChief, sometimes I still wish I had it. 
Regards,
Dick

Thanks for the tip. I have been to the Winnebago site. I was looking for personal experiences with the elandan motorhome. Also, has anyone ever had their rig towed? How much of a nightmare is that? Do I have to get a flat bed rig or a special tow truck or what....? I live in South Florida and may have found a used elandan out of state...It may need to be towed...Is that a huge issue? Should I wait and try and find one local, I have had no luck with that so far...    {The Elandan I want is the l - o - n - g one with the extra axle.}
Thank you in advance for your help    ;D

I don't think I would want one that had to be towed. Even if they gave it to you I don't see how you could come out. Cheapest transport would be on a flat bed trailer.

i plan on repairing  it myself  {out of work auto tech}.......  8)
thats why i want a cheap one.....  ;)
dont have much cash......  :(
found one in texas that needs tranny engine good rest of unit good  price is right......but....
texas to florida  omg......    :mad:  :eek:

There was a package deal on craigslist in tallahassee for 2. Probibly not there anymore.

How cheap is 'cheap'?  I have an 87 Elandon 32 footer with 54,000 miles, great 454 engine and recently replaced heavy duty geared low stall speed TH400 tranny... I would love to sell it since I now have an 01 Adventurer 32. Interior was refurbished just before I bought it 7 years ago.  You could fly out here to San Diego and drive it home -  I'd let it go pretty cheap - we just have to come to agreement on what 'cheap' is!

RE towing, all I can tell you is that mine was towed about 150 miles with rear wheels on road (driveshaft disconnected) when the original tranny failed in 2008.

I also have PDF files on the coach, and most components, plus most of the factory service manuals for it.

QM

looking for  37foot  {shorter  well depends on price}
but do you have pics of yours...?
how much was tow...?  special  wrecker  or reg tow truck...?

Wouldn't it be cheaper to find a tranny and take it with you to Texas, locate a shop where you can do the swap and then drive it back?  Just a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom