Accelerator not working on Monaco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

98 Monaco Windsor

I have a 1998 Monaco Windsor and the accelerator is not working.  After a 300 mile trip, I pulled into my driveway, bumped the passenger mirror on a tree and the accelerator now does not work.  Don;t think the mirror has anything to do with it but who knows.  The engine runs fine.  The coach shifts into forward and reverse and will move slightly.  I push the pedal and nothing happens.  Any ideas?

Typically the accelerator in a diesel pusher is "drive by wire", i.e. it sends the "more speed" signal electrically via a wire attached to the peddle mechanism.

Thank you for the reply.  I actually fixed it today.  I called King Controls and went through some diagnostics with them regarding the cruise control.  Turns out I wasn't getting 12 volts to the actuator.  I traced it back to a loose wire connected to a fuse in a back compartment.  After changing the fuse and tightening the connection, the accelerator worked.  They were very good at King Controls and walked me through the diagnostics even though the part was 14 years old. 

Back
Top Bottom