Quartzsite 2007 - Info/Sign-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can add our names to the list--Mike & Lorene Cassidy-Mt.  Will be there 23rd/24th-not sure.  You folks are a kick to follow on this site.  But for us "newbie's", just what is out there for 'services'.  I understand it's definately generator hours???, and dump and fill at a couple of different stations????  Ron has the wireless 'wired'? ::)
:D

Rockcreek73 said:
You can add our names to the list--Mike & Lorene Cassidy-Mt.? Will be there 23rd/24th-not sure.? You folks are a kick to follow on this site.? But for us "newbie's", just what is out there for 'services'.? I understand it's definately generator hours???, and dump and fill at a couple of different stations????? Ron has the wireless 'wired'? ::)
:D

Am really glad to read that you will be attending, Mike and Lorene. We look forward to meeting you and sharing at the RV Forum rally. :)

As far as services are concerned -- plan zero hookups at the forum site. As mentioned on my web page, plan on being in a dry camping mode. Genset hours are set by BLM and would be needed to recharge your batteries. Solar and Inverters are a plus to reduce total Genset hours required.

The free dump and fill stations on the adjacent side of the 95 freeway provided by BLM. There are also commercial stations in downtown QZ for propane, dump, and water. I usually stop at the "Pit Stop" on the way into QZ from the North to fill my water and propane -- and have usually dumped that AM when leaving the park of the preceding night. I will then go to one of gas stations to fill my gas tank prior to heading to the site. The idea is to arrive at the RV Forum site with the tanks empty that should be empty and those that should be full, filled.

Other shopping such as groceries can be had in downtown QZ -- or 25 miles West to Blythe or 35 miles North to Parker for "real" grocery stores and shopping.

Again -- great that you are planning attend. If you have any more questions, please post here.

last year there were more than a dozen internet satellite setups in the RV Forum group.  I believe all had wireless available.  All you needed was a wireless card ask for the access code. 

Ron said:
last year there were more than a dozen internet satellite setups in the RV Forum group.  I believe all had wireless available.  All you needed was a wireless card ask for the access code. 

We should let people know thatnow several of the internet satelliite setups now require 82011G for encryption. Also if you are parked in certain places its a good idea to have a card or USB adapter with extended antenna. Some last year  could not get coverage inside their rigs and had to bring their laptops down to central area where there was an open network.

I am not worried as I still carry my acoustic coupler and can got up to ranger station and use pay phone :) :)

Bob

Most access points can be configured to allow 802.11b (11Mbps) or g (54Mbps) but most will require WPA or WPA2 encryption.  WEP is too easily cracked and is not recommended for use any longer.

This thread has become HUGE.

Not wanting to have to review hundreds of messages to see if the dates have changed, can Bob confirm that the original dates of jan20 through Jan 28 are still valid?

Thanks!

Smoky, try the Calendar button on the top buttonbar.  That's the official forum calendar.

Smoky said:
Not wanting to have to review hundreds of messages to see if the dates have changed, can Bob confirm that the original dates of jan20 through Jan 28 are still valid?

Smoky, just go to message # !. However, there are no "official" dates. Marlene & I, and a couple of friends, will be arriving on 1/14 and am sure we'll find others already there. As you know a number stay after most have left. The gathering usually covers the dates of the RV Supershow, which are the dates you mentioned. Our potluck is on Saturday, the 27th and most rigs leave Sunday, the next day.

Smoky said:
This thread has become HUGE.

HUGE is good -- for our rally thread. :)  The first year I started listing the names of those planning to attend and then who had arrived, I just kept updating messages of a thread such as this. As you point out, someone then has to the peruse tons of messages to figure out what is happening. That's when I decided to do it as a Web page instead. The idea being if there are any changes or whatever, there is a focal point to get the updated info vs. having to go thru the thread.

Smoky, the dates of our rally coincide with the dates of the big show each year. That also decides the dates of our potluck. We then construct the rest around that date template. The first paragraph of my web page here, describes the dates -- and has a link to the web page of the big show.

As Bernie points out, some arrive early (Margi and Tom are already there), and some stay late as you and the Admiral did last year. But the "official" starting and ending dates of our rally have always been the same as the dates of the big show.

Hi Norm,

Where will you be in FL? We're in Titusville for the winter. We used to live in CT. I worked with a guy that owned a home on Block Island. Don't know if he's still there. CRS prevents me from remembering his last name but his first name was Charlie. Worked for SNET.

This will be the second year in a row we've missed Quartzsite. HAVE to make it next year!!!!

Smoky said:
Geesh!? Trying to get direct answers to questions on this forum are like playing a mystery game.? ? :D

Sorry, Smoky. I just reread my post and it appears to answer your question -- don't quite understand how it could have been interpreted as a mystery game. ???  It points out that the dates will not change because they are set by the show dates -- and if they did (tho it would seem impossible the show dates would ever change once set), I would note it centrally on my web page vs. anyone having to read through this lengthy thread. But then, you are the reader -- so please let me know if you need more info. Especially on this particular thread, I try to be as straight forward as possible with my answers to questions.

Again, sorry for the confusion -- and that you found vagueness in my response. :)

Thanks Wendy!  Now that is what I call sweet and simple!  That is the kind of answer I just love!  :D

Also thanks Bob.  Your web site is awesome and I am very grateful for it. 

I just couldn't resist teasing how hard it is around here to get an answer without digging for it.  At heart, I am the archetypal lazy bum!  :D

Can't wait to get to your campfire!

Smoky said:
Thanks Wendy!? Now that is what I call sweet and simple!? That is the kind of answer I just love!? ?:D

Also thanks Bob.? Your web site is awesome and I am very grateful for it.?

I just couldn't resist teasing how hard it is around here to get an answer without digging for it.? At heart, I am the archetypal lazy bum!? :D

Can't wait to get to your campfire!

Well, young fellow -- let me see if I can follow the logic of your response. :) ??? :)

If I had answered a simple, "Yes" in response to your question -- it would have been an even simpler response than Wendy's. However, we would then have to do the same thing over and over for the next month and a half as you began to wonder once again, "Are the dates still valid?".

So several responders took the time (vs. just a "Yes") to give you the tools to do this on your own each time you became insecure about the dates once again. Our problem was that none of us considered that you would feel that a single mouse click on the word, "Here" (or as Ned pointed out, the word "Calendar" for the official dates of any forum event on the button at the top of every page), you would consider that, having to go digging for an answer on your own.

Sorry, my friend, I too couldn't resist . . . :) ;)

Looks like Tom and Margi are keeping watch over my fire ring and the entire site until we get there. Yes, this should be one of the best yet. When you do get there, Smoky, you will for sure enjoy Tom and Margi.

BTW -- the "gi" in Margi is pronounced as the "gee" in geese. She'll think your cool if you know that already.

The official source for the dates for any forum event are always found by using the Calendar button.

Ned said:
The official source for the dates for any forum event are always found by using the Calendar button.

Yep, one button that's always visible at the top of every page and a link on the relevant date(s) directly to an informational message (in this case, Bob's message that started this topic).

Ned said:

Good point well taken, Ned -- I have modiied my somewhat "in a friendly way" teasing message to Smoky accordingly. Of course, that "would" take a total of 3 mouse clicks to get to the January month. If someone is "Search Challanged" -- that may be a bit difficult. :( :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom