Quartzsite 2007 - Info/Sign-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if someone had provided the answer as well as the way for Smoky to look it up himself ? Like, "The dates for 2007 are January 20-28 but you can always check the dates for anything forum-related by clicking the Calendar button"???

Wendy
Home in cold, snowy, Cortez, Colorado

wendycoke said:
Maybe if someone had provided the answer as well as the way for Smoky to look it up himself ? Like, "The dates for 2007 are January 20-28 but you can always check the dates for anything forum-related by clicking the Calendar button"???

Wendy, the answer to your question is pretty well outlined in my last post to Smoky - as to why the answer to the question was "not" also provided. Also, he knew the dates, just wanted to know if they were still valid . . .? :)

To Smoky:

My friend -- sorry you have had to endure this sometimes teasing, sometimes sarcastic few notes here. And for your typical good nature about all of it, I would like to publically invite you and the Admiral to lunch, breakfast, or dinner at the restaurant of your choice in Quartzsite. (The only exception is I refuse to ever go the Chinese restaurant again.)? :) :) And if that includes apple pie at Sweet Darlene's, I will provide the fresh coffee back at my rig by the fire ring.

Heck  I stop and aggrevate him amost daily.  I once told him that if I couldn't aggrevate him or bad mouth him I wouldn't talk to him at all    LOL  He's a big boy and can take  and issue it  also.

Bob said:
Wendy, the answer to your question is pretty well outlined in my last post to Smoky - as to why the answer to the question was "not" also provided. Also, he knew the dates, just wanted to know if they were still valid . . .  :)

To Smoky:

My friend -- sorry you have had to endure this sometimes teasing, sometimes sarcastic few notes here. And for your typical good nature about all of it, I would like to publically invite you and the Admiral to lunch, breakfast, or dinner at the restaurant of your choice in Quartzsite. (The only exception is I refuse to ever go the Chinese restaurant again.)  :) :) And if that includes apple pie at Sweet Darlene's, I will provide the fresh coffee back at my rig by the fire ring.

Bob:

Feel free to bug me anytime. ;D ;D ;D

The smilingoldcoot and his lovely young bride, the Mallory's Richard and Debbie currently living in Louisiana but both born Texan will be there.? Not sure of all the details as we will be traveling with workamper friends. We spent 2 months at King's Dominion Theme Park working in the rides department Sat & Sun only for wages and also a free camp site with full hookups. I worked in the AFX Thearter and have seen all of of Spong Bob Square Pants I ever want to see.  :)

We are currently at home on Toledo Bend Lake requainting with family and will head west sometime in early January.

wx-detchief said:
The smilingoldcoot and his lovely young bride, the Mallory's Richard and Debbie currently living in Louisiana but both born Texan will be there.? Not sure of all the details as we will be traveling with workamper friends. We spent 2 months at King's Dominion Theme Park working in the rides department Sat & Sun only for wages and also a free camp site with full hookups. I worked in the AFX Thearter and have seen all of of Spong Bob Square Pants I ever want to see.? :)

We are currently at home on Toledo Bend Lake requainting with family and will head west sometime in early January.

Was very pleased to read your note this AM, Richard and Debbie -- and will look forward to meeting you in January. Your names have added to the attendee list. Let use know if you have any questions or need help in any way getting here, or whatever . . .

Bob:

I look to forums as a way to eliminate "tools".?

That's just me.? I guess after 45 years of working very hard for a living, I feel now inclined to a lazy way of life.? I will never go to a forum, and look at calendars, search threads, download files, etc etc.? If I cannot get a quick answer, I write the forum off as useless (at least for me) and move on.? Fortunately this forum is populated with lots of people who give quick concise responses, and that is what draws me here time and time again.? I not only expect forum folk to treat each new question, no matter how repetitive, as one worthy of an answer, I also take the time to reply in such a way myself.? At least I practice what I preach.  I think the hard work should be in providing information, not in getting information.  If everyone answered directly like Wendy does, lots of time would be saved.

Its ok that others feel different.? There are enough direct answer type people here, that we all get what we are looking for.? Those that like mysteries and treasure hunts have also plenty of folk here willing to be lazy in their answers and provide exactly that.  ;D

The wide range of expertise here makes this the best RV forum out there.

And yes, looking forward to coffee at your campfire in January.?

One tool I do use is the pictures on your web site.? I downloaded them and have them in my log book.? That combined with the GPS coordinates insures I will once again be warming myself at your campfire.

It is a very cold 44 degrees here in El Mirage as I type this, and we are expecting the temperature to go down to 26 this evening.? For once, I have turned off the heat pumps, and turned on the propane furnace.? We only do this once or twice during the winters in Arizona.

Give a man an answer and he goes away, teach him to search and he will read the internet forever.  The many ready answers that I give are often the result of a simple 30 second search on Google that the asker could have done himself.  I expect more of the experienced users.

Ned said:
Give a man an answer and he goes away, teach him to search and he will read the internet forever.?

Sometimes they require both....the answer and the way to find the next answer by themselves.

wendycoke said:
Sometimes they require both....the answer and the way to find the next answer by themselves.

Better to point to the answer, and accomplish both at once, if they understand.  I spent a lot of my career writing user manuals but most users thought it was easier to call me.  Some just didn't understand why I would give a page reference instead of a specific answer.  Education is preferable to rote answers but some just never get it.

Back when I was tech writing, my boss told us,"If I catch you giving and anser over te phone other than RTFM, You may be a little upset at your next pay review".  We got the message and as far as I know the closest any of us got to giving an answer was to give the chapter number.  VBG

"Give a man an answer and he goes away, teach him to search and he will read the internet forever."

That is just plain crazy.  I come back to places where i get answers, as evidenced here.

The truth is that some people don't know the answer and are better off staying in the background.  If I had the time to search for it I would not have asked the question.  At least Wendy stepped forward with the answer.  Thank goodness there are some Wendys here on this forum that I can count on.  ;D

Oh, that reminds me of some wisdom I heard earlier today in private mail. 

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for another day.  Teach a man how to fish and he will sit in the boat all day and drink beer."  ;D

Smoky said:
Oh, that reminds me of some wisdom I heard earlier today in private mail.?

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for another day.? Teach a man how to fish and he will sit in the boat all day and drink beer."? ?;D

LOL

I forgot one thing, here it is :)  Sheesh.

The answer was 2 mouse clicks away, and right here on the forum.

You mentioned dates of QZ being a mystery.  Once in a while the dates of events change.  In the last 13 years the location of the big tent has changed several times.  Also things are going on for many months - fashion shows, car shows, factory sponsored rallies, several mineral shows etc.  In the past we have said "come when you can and leave when you must."  Someone sets the potluck date each year but it does not vary much.  In the past - when Daisy and I started it and more or less acted as host - we said "no schedules, no organization."  Every one is on their own.  Many have put together road trips, shopping trips etc and that is great - just not planned weeks or months ahead of time.

To All:  Please remember - we always need fire wood.  I am having more difficulty getting board ends this year.  I do have the two fire pots that Tom B. and Terry B. found for us.  Also have a couple of tarps for wind protection.  Hopefully Hepworths will have the bulletin boards.  I also have a box of name badge stuff.

Hope we can all see fit to wear name tags.  I know some people think it is wimpy but " hey you" is not always well received.

Speaking of name tags, Mike and I would be glad to make them for anyone who needs one. We still have the template and Mike even corrected my misspelling of "Quartzsite" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom