Quartzsite 2007 - Info/Sign-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendy, Mike and Sam will be there. If I have my way, we'll arrive first and be the last to leave. With the solar panels now hooked up, we're set for a long stay.

Bernie & Marlene are planning on being there, hopefully arriving early and departing later. The 20 amp site is currently unspoken for; it includes water, sewer, telephone and cable but only 20 amps. First come, first served ;)

Wendy - Mike,
You had better get your stakes into the hardscrabble early, 'cause  Bob and I are typically the first to arrive and the last to leave. Could be a fun competition - no losers, but the last to leave are the winners - clear skies, lots of stars, etc.... Of course we'll miss the commarderie of those who heva already left :)

The Admiral and I outlasted Bob, but we did not outlast you.  As I recall we were second place finishers and took your check to Parker to deposit on our way to Lake Havesu.  :D  We plan to attend the final campfire again this January!!!  Or will it be all the way into February?? 

We're going to Death Valley for Christmas and may not go home before Quartzsite so we could sure be there early!! We like it enough we could spend the whole winter there. Of course, we'll probably have to go home and get back to selling off our 'stuff' so we can get to fulltiming.

Smoky,
Or will it be all the way into February??
Hard to tell - It all depends on youse guys ;D I'm sure Bob would have stayed longer, but he had some mechanical issues IIRC. Now, with his new rig, who knows? What say you, Bob?

Wendy,
I agree. If you like solitude, great sunrises and sunsets, and dust ;), you can't find a better bargain for your dollar.

Karl said:
I agree. If you like solitude, great sunrises and sunsets, and dust ;), you can't find a better bargain for your dollar.

We love solitude and great sunsets, rarely see a sunrise, and don't mind dust.

Same here Wendy, though we do see some sunrises.  Well at least I do while I get coffee ready for the Admiral's late awakening.  I believe I enjoy the Quartzite desert experience more than anything else we do throughout the year.  If I were a bachelor, Sky and I would spend the entire winter there and save a bundle of cash.  But I am thankful The Admiral enjoys several weeks there.  When she first heard about QZ she said no way was she going there.  But it really grew on her this past January and she is already looking forward to this coming January.

We definitely will stay late there, and maybe even arrive early.  If the Admiral doesn't want to get there early, she can follow out later in the toad.  ;D

But, Smoky, if you take the coach and leave the Admiral with just the toad, where would she sleep?? She needs to come with you to keep you in line.

Maybe this year Sam and Sky can chase each other around the desert. Sam has improved quite a bit over the last few months....or maybe he's just getting old and doesn't care anymore? Perhaps Sky can teach him some manners.......

Mike sees some of the sunrises but he sees them from the other side.....like he stays up until the sun comes up and then goes to bed until noon.

Maybe we'll be close enough to fulltiming by January that we can spend a long, long time at Quartzsite....of course, that assumes that we get out of Death Valley. Now that we have the solar panels, we may never go home.

Wendy:

Good point on where would she stay.  But that IS the point.  I thought for sure she would be forced to come early, until Shayne opened his big mouth.  ;D

Sky will welcome a playmate!

Yeah but Tiki wouldn't even be an appitizer for Sky.    Just hope you can talk Audrey into returning to the Q or maybe if Sharon were here she would have some success in doing so.

We will be there, Shayne, in another couple months.  Plenty of time to brainwash Audrey into a love of the beauties of the desert.

Dave and Teresa , Mt.Shasta will be there again. Not sure of dates, Looking forward to seeing all of you again.

Hubby and I have always wanted to attend.  Work schedules has always been an issue :'(  I am hoping we can join you you this year.  The square dance club we use to belong to goes every year.

Hi Dave and Theresa.....Glad to hear you're gonna be in Quartzsite again this year. Are you gonna stay longer ... might as well stay once you fill the fresh water tank.

Sarahdove said:
Hubby and I have always wanted to attend.? Work schedules has always been an issue :'(? I am hoping we can join you you this year.? The square dance club we use to belong to goes every year.

Hello Sarah:

It would certainly be nice if you "can" attend. Please post back when you know for sure and I will add your names to our list of sign-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom