Quartzsite 2007 - Info/Sign-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOB's QUARTZSITE PICS . . .

Sorry it took awhile getting these together -- but my life is a bit hectic, still. Here is the URL to download the 68 pics I took at QZ 07. If you click to OPEN or SAVE the file, you should get a 108 meg WinZIP file that contain the photos. The resolution of each is greater than 1 meg and most less than 2 meg -- so should make a great 8x10 at least. It IS case sensitive. Sorry about making part of it mixed case -- it's a programming habit.

http://www.rvspacemanager.com/BobQZ07Rally.zip

or, just click HERE.

I took these for all my friends on the RV Forum. It is OK to post them to the forum gallery or photo albums, but not to any rally site pages authored by individuals on the forum. Wherever posted, please display the source. I appreciate that. I have also given Ned a copy this AM before he and Lorna left the site, so he has the zip in his possession should anyone need help extracting or whatever. Ned also has the 23meg version of the group pic it you would like to make a larger print. If interested, I can also upload that pic to my server for you.

I will be off line awhile -- as this AM my furnace stop working. Am having it fixed this afternoon in QZ so will be staying one more night help burn the remaining firewood.

I do hope you enjoy my picss -- I sure enjoyed taking them for you . . .  :) :) :)

We reluctantly left Quartzsite Sunday because of the non-working generator. And the generator is still non-functional (they wanted $1200 to fix it and $900 of that was labor to pull the genset out of the coach so we're doing without until Mike can pull the stupid thing out....sure glad we have those solar panels!). I'm on my 3rd load of laundry, it's 39 degrees and supposed to snow 6-12" tonight and tomorrow, all areas of the backyard that don't have grass or snow are mud bogs and the dog is irritated because there aren't any new smells out there. Full-timing and southern Arizona are looking real good right now.

Thanks to everyone for everything....great happy hours, an awesome buffet with overladen tables, warm campfires both a.m. and p.m., volunteers for trash pickup and entertainment, all of you who were happy to share everything from electricity (thanks John) to water to knowledge about just about everything. And a special thanks to everyone for making my parents feel welcome on their frist trip to Quartzsite.

Hope to see many of you in Moab in May if not before.

Wendy
cold in Colorado (7th storm in 7 weeks heading this way)

Wendy, You could have stayed a couple more days.. I really did not mind feeding your coach power.  Wife is getting antsy to leave so we are likley to hit the road tomorrow heading north on 95 to the area of the London Bridge.. .If that is, I can find parking.

(Called today and they assured me they could get me a day or two,  That's all I need before I head further north to Las Vegas)

A special "Thanks" to Bob Buchanan, Helaine, Betty (Rear Commodore, Red Hat Society), BalloonMan John, and Hell, everyone! Even though this year's group was smaller than last, everyone did their part to make it a success once again. The first-timers slid right in like oysters on the half-shell, and despite Helaine's newfound agility, nary a drop of Scotch was lost to the desert floor! ;D

Looking forward to next year; same time, same Cat Bat channel!

Safe travels and good health to all :)
Karl

One advantage of being one of the last to leave is there are fewer goodbyes to be said.  We actually hit the road at our predetermined time and blew through town with no delays.  After a rather expensive stop at Purcell tire, we're now back at Happy Trails for some much needed rest.

This was one of the better QZ rallies with great weather, conversation, campfires and both old and new friends.

We actually hit the road at our predetermined time and blew through town with no delays.

After all of the severe warnings about traffic jams coming through QZ, when we came through on Thursday our only stops were at the traffic lights; and so it was when we left on Sunday morning.  Our only delay leaving was to follow the "to I-10" sign that took us north of the I-10 where we turned east to the eastern exit / entry to I-10 when I later realised we could have turned east south of the I-10 and made it to the same exit / entry.  Ah well, I'll know next time--if I haven't become more forgetful by then.

Ciao,

Doug

Ned said:
One advantage of being one of the last to leave is there are fewer goodbyes to be said.  We actually hit the road at our predetermined time and blew through town with no delays.  After a rather expensive stop at Purcell tire, we're now back at Happy Trails for some much needed rest.

This was one of the better QZ rallies with great weather, conversation, campfires and both old and new friends.

Ned,

That sounds ominously like a new coach in the not too distant future!!! :) Actually I hope not since all of my tires require replacement now!!

Doug, Kuehn St. east to exit 19 is the quickest way in and out of QZ, regardless of which direction you're coming or going.

Jim, nope, no new coach in the near or far future.  Remember, we just got a new truck.  The price of the tires would have made a down payment, however :)

Doug, Kuehn St. east to exit 19 is the quickest way in and out of QZ, regardless of which direction you're coming or going.

Unless you're coming south on AZ's 95, which is the way we arrived :)--but left going east on I-10 to Black Rock Village.

Ciao,

Doug

Karl:

No scotch on the desert floor this year?  I really am impressed!  ;D

We sure did miss everyone.  the irony is that now we are not far away... having set up our boondock site just off I80 north of Algodones.  Last year there were only 8 rigs at the boondock loop on the Algodones I8 exit, this year we count 30 rigs.  It is really crowded with everyone jockeying for a good spot.  We are in the middle of the big crowd, but we discovered a desert road that runs east along the north side of I80 where more rigs can park on the desert floor and be more spread out.  After meeting with the Algodones drug dealers today, and also getting new eyeglasses and checking out hearing aids, we are going to take the toad and explore that desert road and see if we can move to a quieter spot.

The druggie crowd though is real nice here and last evening 3 different campfires were going on.

We are down to 2 lights out of 5 on our LP indicator, and not sure how low our LP supply is.  I have always filled up at 3 lights in the past.  Anyone know if there is a propane dealer near the Algadones exit of I8?  Ron Ruward gave us directions to Cactus propane on the east side of town, but we would like to find something closer if we could.

So Karl I guess this year you are not sticking around at QZ?

You should have a dial gauge on your propane tank, right at the regulator, that will give you a more accurate reading.  I don't know of any propane sources in Yuma on the west side, Cactus on business 8 is probably the closest and easiest to get to.

Smoky,
Having a toad this year will make it much easier to visit other places. I did get a season pass for AZ-LTVA, so I'll use this as my base between trips. No firm plans as to where and when yet. Too bad you couldn't make it this year.

Smoky -

Try going two exits west on I-8 to Sidewinder Rd. (just past the CA inspection station).  If I remember right the Shell station at the entrance to the LTVA sells propane.

Lou

Smoky,
We are down to 2 lights out of 5 on our LP indicator, and not sure how low our LP supply is.  I have always filled up at 3 lights in the past.
I'll bet you wear two pairs of rubber gloves when dumping too; one pair to keep the other pair clean ;D Sorry you couldn't make it to QZ - I'd much rather pick on you in person ;)

Karl:

LOL!  With our Sanicon, we do not need to wear any rubber gloves at all!  Be careful or I will kick your scotch on the ground!  ;D

Thanks for the propane location suggestions.  We ended up going with Ned's Cactus Propane suggestion at Fortuna and Frontage road off I-8.  Ron Ruward used to use that one also.  It is a dream.  Easy to enter and exit.  and before we came to a complete stop, the guy was out the door and already opening up the LP bay door.  It only cost me about $35.  The same amount cost me about $100 at the park here when we took mobile delivery.

Ned, I do have a gauge on the tank.  But I am always looking at the lights inside because that is where the gray water, black water, fresh water, etc indicators are.  When I get low I will try to remember to go outside and take a look at the gauge.  Based on the 18 or so gallons they pumped, the lights were a pretty fair rough indicator.

Smoky,

The lights do give you a rough idea how much you have left but the tank drops below 1/4, in our case, I don't know if it's a 1/4, 1/8, or just about empty. The outside gauge gives you a better idea.

The light gauges only read to the 1/3 (or 1/4) of a tank while the gauge is a continuous analog.  Until I replaced my lights with a digital indicator, I never relied on them once the level dropped below 2/3 full.  Even when the lights read empty, you may have as much as 1/3 of a tank of propane left.

Reading empty with 5 gallons left is better than the other way around :)

Likely we fill up more often then we need to since we do it when the lights are at two or three.  I am sure the guage will help me in March when I plan to try to boondock for two weeks while the Admiral flies east.  I have made it for ten days and now am going to try for 14.  Best I was ever able to do with the Admiral on board was 4 days LOL!  ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom