Quartzsite 2007 - Info/Sign-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob:

Thanks for the tip on locating Fedex. 

Wendy:  We no longer trust rural pickup services as we have lost several important documents that way.  Now, if it is really important, and this is, we try to find a main Fedex owned office (not a non Fedex mail service).  this might be overkill, but it makes us feel safer.

And Bob, we are already past Sacramento.  It turned out River Bend was the wrong park.  We had reservations at River Lake, a very nice 4 star (Woodalls) park in Kingsburg.  But somehow when I input my gps I input the River Bend address.  When we got there the park was a real dump and my Admiral announced, "We are NOT staying here."  I asked her to go into the office and cancel, and if they did not refund the first night advanced payment to tell them that was OK.  But they told her they had no record of our reservation and maybe we were staying at River lake which was 20 miles down the road.  LOL!  We called there an voila!  That was the right place so off we went with big smiles on our faces.  ;D

Now we have a new problem we are struggling with... the front passenger side will not go up to ride height. I posted this problem in the tech section of this forum and am looking for trouble shooting advice in that thread.

Bob Buchanan said:
Great, Jake -- your name should be on the list now as we speak. Let me know if we can list your state and who will be attending with you. Remember, the world famous RV Forum QZ Popluck will be on Saturday, January 27th. Look forward to seeing you . . .

Bob,

In answer to your question, Lowell (Jake) and Cheryl Roemke from Tempe, Arizona will be attending. 

Smoky said:
Now we have a new problem we are struggling with... the front passenger side will not go up to ride height. I posted this problem in the tech section of this forum and am looking for trouble shooting advice in that thread.

Smoky:

Do you have an air leak like I did?

Jake said:
Bob,

In answer to your question, Lowell (Jake) and Cheryl Roemke from Tempe, Arizona will be attending.?

Thanks, Jake -- will post right away to the sign-up list on my Quartszite '07 web page. Look forward to seeing then . . .

Our friends, Jim and Judy Ploesser are from Hopkinsville KY almost out by the Land between the lakes.  Its pretty country...we visited them there last year.  We almost got hit by a hurricane when we were there.

Jeff:

No air leak at all.  I can tell this because the rest of the air system completely fills and you can hear the regular "swish" sound as it tops off.  No loss of brake pressure.  We drove an entire day and the pressure holds at full.  It is like the right front air bag has been blocked out of the system.  If it is a valve problem, then the valve stuck on closed.  I think more likely is the ride height adjustment.  Ron got on to this idea early as I called him before posting.  Initially I shied away from this answer because of Spartan's later comment about the HWH relay.  Also my 1 front adjuster and two rear adjusters are different than what Ron has.  Initially I was naive enough to think the front adjuster could not be the problem because the front driver side fills up and the left passenger side does not.  But Chet advises the front adjuster is for front and back leveling and the rear adjuster is for right to left.  Now the only thing puzzling me is if the read adjuster is not working right, why does the rear ride height work fine on both sides?  I am still going to check the rear adjusters however.

Thanks Jeff!  With advice from a number of forums now, I am hoping Coachnet will approve Cummins West in Bakersfield.  I think I could carefully drive there more safely than be towed by some other driver.

CoachNet doesn't approve of a service vendor, they put you in touch with the vendor and may help in getting an appointment.  They will send a tow, if it's necessary, but several times we have had CoachNet conference us with a service manager who approved of our driving the coach for up to 100 miles with one cylinder failed.  They won't send a tow if it isn't needed.  CoachNet is NOT an insurance company, they are a service expediter.

Smoky,

see lots of buses and RVs when I go by another location of Cummins West, so I suspect they know what they're doing.

IIRC Cummins  bought Onan and they will do any Onan work that is needed and provide any Onan parts you need.

Ned:

Coachnet makes the decision on where I go.  I can suggest, of course, which I will, but in the end they have to agree.  Unless I want to pay out of my own pocket.

We have always had our choice of service center when we call CoachNet.  As long as the service center is authorized for the problem, they have helped us make the appointment and we have always gotten in immediately.  If Cummins West is certified to work on the Spartan chassis, CoachNet will have them listed as a vendor and can help you make the appointment.  You're not being towed, you're driving yourself.  If you needed a tow, then CN would select the tow service, and probably do a better job than you could on your own.

Daisy and I - if the road gods allow - will be back at QZ this year.  We will bring the two firepots and some tarps and hopefull a few sticks of firewood.  Wood is hard to find here - wish some of the rocks would burn - plenty of them.

Good to see you back on line Fred. And looking forward to seeing you and Daisy in Quartzsite. We just had an elm tree fall down in the backyard and chain-sawed it into nice pieces that we'll try to find a way to bring along. And we have blanks to make name badges if you hear of anyone needing one.

Bob

Add Barbara and I to the list. Looking forward to see every one at Quartzsite in 2007.

Al

Bob:

We're already on the list but wanted to let you and others know that we have unexpectantly accepted a workamping job at Blake Ranch RV Park and Horse Motel about 15 miles east of Kingman, AZ for the winter (Exit 66 on I-40).  I'm in the office, Tom is outside.  We split the duties with two other couples and work 6 hours per day 4 days per week.

We will arrive at the rally site Wednesday, January 24, attend an Adventureland Alumni dinner at the Stagecoach on Thursday and plan to return to Kingman on Sunday.  (We made this a condition of employment. :D )

We spent three days on Plomosa Road in QZ before returning to Kingman and took a ride to the rally site to check your fire ring.  I'd say it could use some reclamation.  Luckily you're an expert in that field. ;)

We're looking forward to seeing everyone again after having stayed in Oregon last winter.  Looks like lots of new forum members to meet for the first time.  That's always as much fun as greeting our "old" forum friends.

Margi and Tom

Hi Bob,
Wally & Helaine will be there.
And I am bringing my whistle and my cane.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Helaine

Helaine & Wally said:
Hi Bob,
Wally & Helaine will be there.
And I am bringing my whistle and my cane.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Helaine

Helaine:

Our ears are ringning already! ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael