Quartzsite 2007 - Info/Sign-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernie:

The park is a little hidden nugget which the owner is constantly improving.  We had no intention of accepting the offer of employment, but after spending a night there and talking with the owners, we just couldn't resist.  It's very "us". ;)

We're looking forward to our first equine guests next Wednesday.  Tom hasn't shoveled stalls for at least 15 years, so that should be interesting. :D

Margi

Tom and Margi said:
Bob:

We're already on the list but wanted to let you and others know that we have unexpectantly accepted a workamping job at Blake Ranch RV Park and Horse Motel about 15 miles east of Kingman, AZ for the winter (Exit 66 on I-40).? I'm in the office, Tom is outside.? We split the duties with two other couples and work 6 hours per day 4 days per week.

We will arrive at the rally site Wednesday, January 24, attend an Adventureland Alumni dinner at the Stagecoach on Thursday and plan to return to Kingman on Sunday.? (We made this a condition of employment. :D )

We spent three days on Plomosa Road in QZ before returning to Kingman and took a ride to the rally site to check your fire ring.? I'd say it could use some reclamation.? Luckily you're an expert in that field. ;)

Thanks for the update, Margi . . .

And -- bless your heart for checking up on my fire ring!!!? :) Sounds like others have enjoyed it as well, and that is good. Rebuilding or reclamation is part of the enjoyment when I find it again each year -- plus the help I get from others as they arrive. Of course after 10 years with the Bureau of Reclamation I learned the value of reclaiming. The first ring there represented about 50 long desert walks collecting a max of 2 or 3 rocks per walk. Others were left by visitors to our nightly fires. Anyway, by the time you arrive it should be back in grand shape again.

Sounds like a great park for you and Tom there in Kingman -- and I'm sure Tom can make the transition from Bait to whatever.? :) I spent a lot of time at the San Luis RV Resort in Santa Nella during the beta of my SW. The then owners were really into animals -- and included a Petting Zoo plus built a Horse Motel and Arena. Have attached some pics I took for insertion in the SW that I thought you might enjoy. I don't believe the new owners stayed with the concept -- as it does take a lot of expense, dedication, plus a love for all types of? animals. BTW, the last pic is of "Bruno", the night watchman. No fear of anyone prowling when he was around. :eek:

Attachments

• HorseArena1.jpg
    HorseArena1.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 30
  • HorseArena2.jpg
    HorseArena2.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 26
  • HorseMotel.jpg
    HorseMotel.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 26
  • SLBull.jpg
    SLBull.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 29
Helaine & Wally said:
Hi Bob,
Wally & Helaine will be there.
And I am bringing my whistle and my cane.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Helaine

Great, Helaine. Your firm hand is needed with such an unruly crowd.? :)

Was at CW a few days ago seeking help with the install of my Inverter and Charger in my new used MH. The fellow behind the counter informed my that they don't install used equipment (I took them out of my Tioga before the trade).? He also said that he didn't know of anyone in the area that could do that sorta thing. So I responded, "Wally should be here to head up the Electrical side of your service department". They asked who Wally was and I responded -- "Oh, never mind".? ;)

Looking forward to seeing you and Wally . . .

Bob Buchanan said:
So I responded, "Wally should be here to head up the Electrical side of your service department". They asked who Wally was and I responded -- "Oh, never mind".? ;)
Looking forward to seeing you and Wally . . .

Bob, Where are you???
We are in Parker. soon to be QZ for a few days.
Call or write

Helaine

Helaine & Wally said:
Bob, Where are you???
We are in Parker. soon to be QZ for a few days.
Call or write

Helaine

Helaine and Wally -- thanks for the call, it was great catching up.

Unfortunately, I am still in NCal due to several reasons -- mainly gas prices up until recently. Hearing that you recently paid $2.18 is very heartening. We're down now to around $2.35. Will look forward to seeing you again in mid January . . .

Bob,

Please add Grover and Joy, WY to the Quartzite list....our first time out.

Thanks.

howejoyous

howejoyous said:
Bob,

Please add Grover and Joy, WY to the Quartzite list....our first time out.

Thanks.

howejoyous

That's great, Grover and Joy . . . I am glad you have decided to attend. A number of seasoned members arrive early so let us know if you need help in any way. Your names have been added to the Attendee Signup List.

Bob,

Please add Rolf and Shirley Salhus, MN to your list.  This will be our 1st trip to Quartzsite also, and it looks (so far at least) like we'll be the sole representatives from Minnesota.  Looking forward to it.

rsalhus said:
Bob,

Please add Rolf and Shirley Salhus, MN to your list.? This will be our 1st trip to Quartzsite also, and it looks (so far at least) like we'll be the sole representatives from Minnesota.? Looking forward to it.

Hello Rolf and Shirley:

Have just uploaded your names to the list of attendees here. So glad that you have decided to make the trek to Quartzsite. As mentioned in my last post to Grover and Joy (attending for the first time also), if you have any questions or need help in any way, let us know. Usually, getting to our location South of the 10/95 intersection is OK and not too crowded -- compared to getting back to that intersection at certain times of the day after that. But we will show you how we solve that problem using alternative desert routes.

For anyone lurking this thread, the attendee sign-up is for those that at this point have every intention of coming to Quartzsite. We are not "taking reservations" as such. Our group location is part of about 11,000 acres of BLM land -- so there is little need to take reservations. I can assure you "space" is not a problem in QZ. :)

Bob,

Thanks for the info.  I've looked at the RV Forum QZ Rally News, Attendees List, Photos, & Directions - lots of good stuff there.  Thanks to the good job on the directions with photos, I think I'll be able to find the campsite. 

If I can help out in any way or bring something in particular, just let me know.  I'm just a newbie and don't have a lot of expertise, but I have put together a pretty unique set of rules for playing Mexican Train (dominoes) if anyone's interested.  :D 

I won't have a toad along so my only concern is getting to and from the events from the campsite.  Does anyone ride bikes there and is there a bike path shortcut?

rsalhus said:
Thanks for the info.? I've looked at the RV Forum QZ Rally News, Attendees List, Photos, & Directions - lots of good stuff there.? Thanks to the good job on the directions with photos, I think I'll be able to find the campsite.?

If I can help out in any way or bring something in particular, just let me know.? I'm just a newbie and don't have a lot of expertise, but I have put together a pretty unique set of rules for playing Mexican Train (dominoes) if anyone's interested.? ?:D?

I won't have a toad along so my only concern is getting to and from the events from the campsite.? Does anyone ride bikes there and is there a bike path shortcut?

Thank you for the feedback on the web page -- i appreciate that.

Just bring yourselves and whatever you think you will need in terms of clothing, food, and such. As noted, there will be a super pot luck plus a pot luck cocktail hour each day. There will probably be a small assessment for Coffey each early AM.

Probably 95% of attendees either pull a toad, or have a tow vehicle for their trailer or 5'ver. So you should have no trouble getting a ride to the show areas each day. A bike ride is a bit far (and rough :() for my daily ride -- but certainly doable.

It's only about 2 miles to the show? ?Heck we used our golf cart to go up there even if I did get a flat? tire, all worked out pretty good,? If I bring the car can't bring the tools in the trailer but I can get 2 golf carts in there./ The back road up there isjust like a gravel road with a few bumps and rough spots but doable.

rsalhus said:
I won't have a toad along so my only concern is getting to and from the events from the campsite.? Does anyone ride bikes there and is there a bike path shortcut?

Mike and I were 'toadless' last year at Quartzsite and will be again this year. We rode our mountain bikes into town almost every day. it's actually an easy ride and a whole lot faster than driving on the highway in the traffic. Look us up when you get there (2004 Winnebago Sightseer) and we'll point you in the right direction for a nice ride.

Wendy
currently in Farmington, New Mexico

Thanks for the info Bob, Shayne, and Wendy.? Not only will we be 'toadless' in QZ, but I have a feeling we'll be somewhat 'clueless' as well, this being our first trip to QZ and our first extended trip in our MH.? Hey, life's an adventure, what can I say except "bring it on!"? ?:p

Don't fret it? ?Last year was the 1st at the Q for us too and we've been RVing for well over 40 yrs.? However only a yr of totally fulltime,? We had no idea what to expect, but I loved it.? Wife? well that's a cifferent story.? ?She says she's country, just not that country.? But then she hates change of any sort.? Wonder sometimes if she likes me or herself for that matter.? I know she didn't like me when I left her at the Flying J.? The best part of the Q at that time of year is the FRAMIY that attends.? You'll never find a? better group of people anywhere in the world that are friendlier, more knowledgeble, more helpful and funner (new Word) then the Framily (not a new Word)? You'll never forget the experience.? I sure won't.? When they say welcome, it's exactly what they mean.? Hate mention names, cause with my memory I aways forget, but they will understand, right, Russ, Betty, Terry, Ned, Lorna, Bob, Tom, Sam, Ron, Dave, Wendy, Smoky, Admiral, Helaine and her whistle, and etc.? ?Not forgetting anyone just hands getting tired. LOL? Enjoy the venture, That's what it's all about along with viewing many items at the show.

What Shayne says Rsalhus! 

We were new last year too!  The hardest part is finding the dang location.  Bob Buchanan's web site is a huge help.  He even has step by step pictures.  But it is real primitive and hard to tell roads from the desert once you turn into Tyson's wash. 

By the end of the trip I graduated pretty well, being able to find my way back at night.  But the first time I tried it at night, it took me almost an hour to get out to the main road.  Coming back took me two hours.  I could see my sat dish flashing, but went round and round trying to find the right path to get back there.  I almost got out and walked over to recruit help.  But then I thought about the ribbing that would go on for the next year. :D

The campfires there are awesome.  The Admiral and I loved it so much we stayed all the way till the last group campfire, which was the Admiral and I and Sky the dog, Reba the cat, Karl, and Hercules the Attack Cat.

Ask Ron Ruward about the location of the 50 amp power pedestal with cable TV and sewage.  He always makes sure a first timer gets that site.

LOL Smoky and Shayne!? Thanks for the encouraging words.

I think I'll pass on that 50 amp power pedestal though as my MH is only a 30 amper.? ?;)? I'll let some other 1st timer have it.? ?;D

Well, let's see now, Shayne says I'll never find a better group of people and Smoky says the campfires are awesome.? I already printed off the directions (and pictures) of how to find the campsite.? What could possibly go wrong?? ?Oh, we'll be bringing our cat along too, her name is Princess but we treat her like a Queen!

Does anyone have GPS numbers for the center of the forum gathering in Quartzsite?  For us first timers, it might keep us going in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom