"All in One Computer" Wall Mounted with TV Tuner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barefoot14

Anyone have any experience wall mounting an all in one computer with a built in TV tuner and using it as both your computer as well as TV/DVD player?

Well the whole problem with an all in one located on the wall is the keyboard and mouse. There are ways to use the keyboard and mouse but I haven't seen a smooth one yet. I am planning on getting a Google TV in a few months. First generation Google TVs were produced by LG last year. They are coming out with 5 new models at the CES show in Vegas. The remote for the TV also includes a keyboard. But coolest of all you just speak "rv forum" into the remote and it takes you there.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-47G2-47-Inch-LED-LCD-Glasses/dp/B0074WVYWA/ref=sr_1_1?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1357085750&sr=1-1&keywords=lg+google+tv

Keyboard and mouse are no tribble at all so long as you have a USB port open (Sorry about that, David Gerrold is on my Face book list, he invented Tribbles).  Back to subject.

Wireless KBM kit, about 30 -40 bucks at Big Lots, dang things work surprisingly well considerign the source and cost.

The big problem is just now I have this forum on the computer and NCIS on the TV, with the "All in one" option you run out or real estate fast.

I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse with my monitor which is mounted to an Ergotron stand up workstation, I've been standing at the computer, both at home and at work, for a year, it's great. I thought it would be cool to have a single monitor for both TV and computing, as we plan to get a small Gulf Stream Visa 17RWD and won't have a lot of room (or weight). We don't watch that much TV but would enjoy watching DVDs or streaming Netflix if in a campground with WiFi. We don't even have the trailer yet! Negotiating the price right now....wish us luck.

Well thanks to the responses I just researched internet TVs, pretty cool and they even have small ones for RVs!
That's cheaper than buying an all in one computer for sure! So maybe that is the way to go.........tv plus Netflix, Pandora, etc.

I have a computer connected to my wall 38' TV, I like it for watching TV and movies but not for the web.

eliallen said:
I have a computer connected to my wall 38' TV, I like it for watching TV and movies but not for the web.
Wow!  Now that's one BIG TV!  Big wall, for that matter. ;D

barefoot14 said:
We don't watch that much TV but would enjoy watching DVDs or streaming Netflix if in a campground with WiFi. We don't even have the trailer yet! Negotiating the price right now....wish us luck.

Nothing personal, but I wish you nothing but profound dissatisfaction with streaming Netflix over campground provided wifi.  Streaming video is usually about all it takes to render the average campground wifi total useless to the other campers.

barefoot14 said:
Anyone have any experience wall mounting an all in one computer with a built in TV tuner and using it as both your computer as well as TV/DVD player?
No and iam interested.I have never heard of such an animal.I can use my wall tv as a monitor for my existing computer but did not realize they actually made a wall mounted self contained Computer/TV.who makes such a animal?
I have done a search and can not find anyone whom makes such a unit?

We have an all-in-one tv setup at home. I use an APPLE mini with a wireless APPLE keyboard and track pad which is connected to our 72"HD tv. We can watch tv, DircTV, stream movies to the APPLE TV for later viewing and also surf the internet with this setup. Also have an external 500MEG drive which we have loaded movies onto. When we travel in the motorhome, we take the APPLE Mini and movies along and can watch them on the TV in the motorhome. It is easy to plug a WiFi antenna into the Mini and surf the internet using the TV in the MH, although I usually use the MacBook Air when on the road. Terry Brewer has had this set up foe several years and I copied his setup. Works great.

BTW, the APPLE TV is also great for storing and showing slide shows of your photos.

Ticat, just search the term All in One Computer on Amazon.com under TVs. There are plenty in various sizes. Some of them can be wall mounted, some can not.

To Just Lou:  it sounds like what you are saying is it will be best for us to stream our Netflix movies to our computer/TV in our driveway over our own WiFi before we hit the road....thanks for the tip, good idea.

Back
Top Bottom