2013 LED Lighting Discount at rvledbulbs.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
I've been talking with Brian Skone at RVledbulbs.com and he has agreed to offer a 10% discount on Led lighting to RVForum members for 2013 and 2014 too. To get the discount, enter FORUM in the promotion box at Checkout. You also get free shipping on all orders over $100.

RVledbulbs.com is a sponsor of this forum and their contribution helps make this site free. They are a reputable business that will go the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase. I've done business with them and the parent company [The Hitching Post of Ocala, FL] for many years and can highly recommend both.

Wish I had known about the discount.. Ohwell. Anyway I have purchased several lights from them and have been extremely pleased. Replaced the lights over the beds with the single light dimmable units. Really great. The real winner is the unit I installed in my bathroom that is upgradable to have the motion detector. Open the door and on it comes. No fumbling for a light switch. Awesome.

Brian tells me that quite a few people took advantage of the 2012 discount offer, which was a tidy 15%. There were  several purchases from forum members as late as Dec 30th. The new discount offer isn't quite as generous, but it's still a nice perk for RV Forum members.

The folks at the Hitching Post of Ocala will also assist if you have a problem with any other product they sell or service, e.g. Blue Ox, Aquahot, Brake Buddy, etc.  Whether you bought it there or not.

well this is good timing, I'm getting ready to redo all my lighting and I sure like the motion detector porchlight :)

I will have to go look to be sure.  They are the wedge type bulbs, but I don't know how many lumens they are.

Just ordered a couple for my Aliner, received the 10% discount.  Looking forward to switching to LED, especially moving to solar in the very near future.  Thanks Gary for your efforts to make the discount happen.

Kudos to RVLED. I just ordered and replaced the  reading light bulbs with their 220 LED warm white lights.
Quick efficient delivery but with the first group having two broken (still in package) indicators. Call to them was answered quickly and replacement lights were immediately sent out.
Good lamps, great service.
Bob

I've known the folks at Hitching Post of Ocala (parent of RVledlights.com) for many years - they have taken care of my hitch and tow bar needs since around 1995. It's a family run business that still takes care of customers the old-fashioned way. By the way, they also handle some RV system repairs, e.g. Aquahot and Splendide washer/dryers, and can rebuild Blue Ox tow bars as well.

bobsharon said:
Quick efficient delivery but with the first group having two broken (still in package) indicators. Call to them was answered quickly and replacement lights were immediately sent out.
Good lamps, great service.
Bob

Indeed, I ordered last night and noticed in checking my e-mail this morning they have already been shipped.

Just a note...

Ordered four of the 1141 300 Lumen bulbs back when Gary first informed us of them being available.  Have used them in various places throughout the TT and they work great so far.  Both outside in the porch fixture and inside.  I am going to order four more when done with this post. 

Gary, thanks for the help and the heads up! 

Do you have to replace the entire light fixture to switch to LED?  Or just the bulbs? Our lights seem to run way too hot.

Just the bulbs.  Make sure the LEDs have the right base by matching them to the bulb you're replacing and they just plug in.

If you're upgrading a fluorescent fixture to LEDs you do have to bypass the fluorescent ballast.  But replacing incandescent bulbs is just a matter of unplugging the old bulb and plugging in the replacement.

OSUTRIKERS said:
Do you have to replace the entire light fixture to switch to LED?  Or just the bulbs? Our lights seem to run way too hot.
On my light fixtures, I was able to replace just the bulbs and keep the original light fixtures.  The attached photo shows an original "hot" bulb on one side and an LED replacement bulb on the other side.

Attachments

• IMG_3388_sm.jpg
    IMG_3388_sm.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3389_sm.jpg
    IMG_3389_sm.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 133
Just installed LED lights in the 5'er.  Little shipping problem, but Jay at RVLEDBbulbs, got it straighten out.
Appreciated the discount offer to the forum.
WOW, talk about lighting up your world.  Too bad the rig is going into storage in a couple of days.  Like to try them out to see how they are going to work.  May be too bright in a couple of places, like over the bed for reading. 

I have seen light intensity listed on led bulbs. Just compare with bulbs you are using. I am about ready to make the conversion.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom