2013 LED Lighting Discount at rvledbulbs.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They offer the same discounts as stated for last year.  I ordered mine the first of last month(Oct 2013)

Thanks Gary.  I didn't really think there would be a change.  And please let Brian know we all appreciate the 10% discount all the same.  I know I will be placing another order sometime during the Winter getting ready for the next camping season.

Like others, I got fixtures (fluorescent) from them and was very impressed.  Plus, I got two chairs from them and really like them.  Folding rocking chairs for certified old people.

Off thread, I know.  But how do you become "certified" to become old people?  Some kind of paperwork you need to get through the Pearly Gates?  I forgot my passport once....just wondering.  ;)

As I recall, and I don't do that too well anymore, I had to be voted in by a bunch of other old people.  Fortunately, the vote was unanimous.

Thanks Gary!  :D I had changed out to LED's but some just aren't bright enough. I will give these folks a try for my lumen fine tuning.

Just bought from them and they are great and they did a good job of educating me about LED's for MH.  I received a good lumens education. They also gave me the 10% discount.  Will buy from them again for sure.

We bought from them and changed out all of our regular bulbs with the LED bulbs.  A lot better and couldn't be happier with the service or the 10% discount.  Thanks for the tip about them Gary.

the trouble with led (example G4 series) is there(decent ones) about 8-9$ each.I have 46 in my ceiling.I don't use my ceiling lights enough to justify $500 worth of bulbs to replace my existing ones which work fine

buchanan said:
the trouble with led (example G4 series) is there(decent ones) about 8-9$ each.I have 46 in my ceiling.I don't use my ceiling lights enough to justify $500 worth of bulbs to replace my existing ones which work fine
I put in about 45 G4's a year or two ago and paid about $1.00 per unit.  They were the cheapies from Hong Kong on eBay.  Still working fine.  They don't have the same circuitry as the expensive ones, but they work and you can buy a few spares and still save a ton of money.

Whether the cheaper bulbs work ok or not depends a lot of the quality of the power available where they are used. The better quality (and higher priced) bulbs have circuitry to compensate for low and high voltage, for lots of ac (alternating current) ripple in the 12vdc. Battery current is clean but often low as the battery discharges or other devices go on and off. When the RV is plugged to shore power, the converter produces the 12v and many of them provide very "dirty" power, especially the old Magnetec 63xx series and its competitors. High voltage can be as bad as low voltage too.

Outfits like Revolution and Ming distribute only the best quality and they back the product 100%. Others may be anywhere from crap to nearly as good.  I know the folks at rvledbulbs.com have tested a variety of off-label Chinese imports and they offer those that performed reasonable well as a lower priced alternative to the Revs and Mings. I've used a few with decent results. Your mileage may vary, but rest assured that rvledbulbs.com will back anything they sold.  I've been doing business with the parent company (ocalahitch.com) since 1996 and know them to be fair and reliable.

yolo said:
I put in about 45 G4's a year or two ago and paid about $1.00 per unit.  They were the cheapies from Hong Kong on eBay.  Still working fine.  They don't have the same circuitry as the expensive ones, but they work and you can buy a few spares and still save a ton of money.
Can u give us the link to buy them at 1.00 Per bulb as I will do that in a heart beat
thanks

What would be best ones to have alot more light inside a 97 Bounder 32H motorhome. I have looked over several but not sure of ones I need. I want ones that really light up, but won't melt my lenses :) I have 1141 bulbs now....

Gary:

Free shipping does NOT apply to Canadian residents.  However, with that said, service was impeccable, and prices are fair.  I am happy.

Frank.

denmarc:

RVLed Bulbs / Hitching Post has a toll free number.  You can call and confirm.    1-800-241-2122

Frank.

Back
Top Bottom