2013 LED Lighting Discount at rvledbulbs.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Denmark:

Agreed, threads do die. The staff here are managing a BIG forum. They can't always keep up.

RVLed's did give me the discount in December/14 when I converted our current trailer. That was just over a month ago. Chances are good that they are still following through. Give them a call to confirm. However, even if they don't give you a discount, they are still a wonderful group of people to deal with.

Frank.

Thanks Frank. I meant no harm. I still buy from them. Thought since this topic is highlighted, it would be helpful to newcomers to the site. As well as regulars.

The forum discount and other benefits are still available.

We made the this topic a "sticky" (the highlighting is part of that) so it always stays visible near the top of the topic list. Of course, a poke ("bump", in net jargon) also puts it on the Recent/Unread lists as well.

I generally tend to shop at Amazon and recently bought a box of 10 led bulbs from them for my RV to replace the 1141 bulbs that came with the unit. I did this to reduce the load on the house battery when we are dry camping (which we do fairly frequently) but I don't really know how much of a difference there is between the normal incandescent bulbs and the LED bulbs. Does anyone have any figures?

I did not mean to hijack this thread so if I have done so, my apologies. I just thought this thread had transformed into an LED discussion so my question seemed appropriate.

In general, an LED uses about 10% of the amps of an incandescent bulb for a similar amount of light (lumens). For more on this and many other facts about LED lighting for Rvs, please see the LED lighting article I have placed in the RVForum Library.

http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=507:led-lighting-for-rvs&catid=24&Itemid=132

Gary RV Roamer said:
In general, an LED uses about 10% of the amps of an incandescent bulb for a similar amount of light (lumens). For more on this and many other facts about LED lighting for Rvs, please see the LED lighting article I have placed in the RVForum Library.

http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=507:led-lighting-for-rvs&catid=24&Itemid=132
thank you for the response. A 90% saving seems like it is well worth the cost of the LEDs, especially since my Class B is limited to only a single house battery and everything is electronic. If I lose the battery I also lose the refrigerator.

Back
Top Bottom