Banjo lessons via Skype

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
OUR DIL has been using her prior musical background to learn to play the ukulele, and we've already played a few 'duets'. Given her KY upbringing and several family members who play banjo, I've convinced her there's a banjo in her future. Today we both Skype'd with her brother in WA who is an accomplished banjo player and teacher. This guy is good!

Recently I was looking for a banjo, but decided to buy a banjo uke as an interim instrument. Today I received a lot of advice on buying and playing a banjo. There might be a banjo in my future after all.

Attachments

• Skype_banjo.JPG
    Skype_banjo.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 23
Today our DIL's parents drove 90 minutes to visit. Her Dad and I talked music almost all day. He brought his banjo, gave our DIL some hands-on instruction, and left the banjo with her. It didn't take her long to figure out several chords and to make an attempt at playing.

Meanwhile, she received a heads-up from her brother (the banjo teacher in WA) that a great banjo just showed up on Craig's List about 30 minutes from here. So this evening we headed off, checked it out, and she bought it. When she got home, our DIL got her brother on skype and he proceeded to give her a hands-on lesson.

I have no doubt that the next time we see our DIL she'll be entertaining us on banjo.

Attachments

• GS-banjo.jpg
    GS-banjo.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 18
  • GS-banjo-lesson.jpg
    GS-banjo-lesson.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 17
  • New_banjo-Skype_lesson.jpg
    New_banjo-Skype_lesson.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 17
This trip has really turned out to be a surprise family musical time.

Attachments

• Banjo_jam.jpg
    Banjo_jam.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom