EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: New Poll: Who Has Attended The Most Annual Quartzsite RV Forum Rallies?  (Read 15153 times)

rsalhus

• ---
  • '01 Rexhall Vision DP

OK, I guess I'm the curious one here who wants to know who has been to the most Quartzsite RV Forum Rallies; so I am taking a poll to find out who has attended the most RV Forum (yearly) Rallies in Quartzsite and who has the current and longest streaks of consecutive years attending these rallies in past years.

To keep it simple, only count the years that you attended the RV Forum Rallies (i.e., you parked your RV alongside others in the RV Forum group during the rally) and (if you want) indicate the AVERAGE number of days that you stayed at these rallies each year in the past (if you know).

Only include counts for the annual Quartzsite RV Forum Rallies (they are usually held in January) and the average number of days you camped at the RV Forum rally site each year (if you should happen to know). Don't include numbers for the rally in the year 2013 as that is yet to come.

To partake in the poll, just post a reply below with your Name(s) and your 4 inputs in a format like this:

R & S Salhus,6,6,6,12

to indicate your personal poll input.  I'll summarize the data in tabular form (like below) after we get a number of inputs.

Current Streak         Longest Streak        Total # of RV Forum           Average Stay
Name(s)                   (In years)                 (In years)             QZ Rallies Attended             (In days)
____________     ____________        ____________        ________________          ___________

R & S Salhus                   6                               6                                   6                                 12

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:43:42 PM by rsalhus »
Rolf Salhus
Currently at:  Our home in Apple Valley, MN

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: New Poll: Who Has Attended The Most Annual Quartzsite RV Forum Rallies?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »
Oh gosh ... that's going to require some thought.

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »
You already have my record, Rolf.  Just add 1997 to it.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

rsalhus

• ---
  • '01 Rexhall Vision DP
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 04:37:25 PM »
Ned, how come I always have to enter your poll inputs for you?  :'( :'( ;D   Aside from that, here is how I see your poll entry:

N & L Reiter,2,9,14,6

Is that how you want it recorded?
Rolf Salhus

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 05:05:55 PM »
Sure, thanks Rolf.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 05:10:22 PM »
I have only been to two :'(
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 06:14:27 PM »
The requirement that we must have lined up with the group voids my statistic of 10 years of participation.  The year I had cancer (2001) and the year I had a mild stroke (2004) we only drove out from Brenda for the potluck so we could see everyone.  It doesn't matter .... I have many pleasant memories of getting together with this forum group and that is what is important to me.  Wouldn't trade a minute of it all.  ;D

Margi

Ron from Big D

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »
Tom:     I checked the records and came up with this:

R & S Marabito, 0,4,7,14

Ron from Big D
Staff
Artist/Photographer
http://picasaweb.google.com/remarabito

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 06:25:19 AM »
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin; 0 or 14, 11 or 14, 12 or 14, 12 or 14

Calculations based on how you treat the 2010 and 2012 rallies when we were only there for 2 days each before most attendees arrived. There were some there during the time we were parked before moving over to INTO or returning home. Use the first number if you want to ignore 2010 and 2012, use 14 for all 4 questions if they meet your criteria.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

rsalhus

• ---
  • '01 Rexhall Vision DP
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 01:49:23 PM »
Tom and Margi, and others, I don't mind adding footnotes to make things clearer (see the footnotes below).   Here's  how the results look so far:

Current Streak       Longest Streak        Total # of RV Forum       Average Stay
Name(s)                   (In years)               (In years)            QZ Rallies Attended          (In days)
________________     ________________        _________________         _____________________        ______________
T & B Brewer*2             4                           10                                   15                         10-50
N & L Reiter                   2                            9                                    14                             6
B & M Dobrin*1          0 or 14                 11 or 14                          12 or 14                  12 or 14
R & S Marabito               0                            4                                     7                            14
R & S Salhus                  6                             6                                    6                            12
T Seiler                          2                             2                                    2                              8
B & J Whetstone            1                            1                                     1                              6

Footnotes:
     *1            Dobrins didn't park with the RV Forum group for the entire rally for years 2010 and 2012.
     *2            Terry Brewer is the only original RV Forum member still attending these rallies.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:54:47 PM by rsalhus »
Rolf Salhus

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 02:01:01 PM »
My average stay in days was 8.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

PancakeBill

• ---
  • Bill & Jolene/USA 97 Southwind 35P
    • WorKamping in Yellowstone
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 02:03:03 PM »
Hmm, my most days in Q I was not parked at the rally. 

So 1 year, 6 days. 

Include my visit the rally year and we can add 90 days to stay, but north a couple miles.
Bill & Jolene W & Koda

Old Faithful, Yellowstone Association Bookstore
1997 Southwind 35P
Toads: 1997 Honda Accord & 1986 Westfalia
FMCA F-401354
1995 OMI Dobro F-60
WA1RI

Daisy

• ---
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 04:13:25 PM »
I would guess Terry Brewer would win that one.  The only time I remember him missing is the year they went to Mexico recently.  His first one would have been Jan. 1995.

Daisy
Daisy.  Location:  Sometimes here, Sometimes there.  All depends on the mood of the moment!

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 09:31:48 PM »
Terry Brewer    4,10,15 Average stays  between 10 and 90 days. 

*Only original RVForum attendee still attending.

Now do you want to talk about the entertainment activities over the years?
Betty Brewer

see where we are

rsalhus

• ---
  • '01 Rexhall Vision DP
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 11:04:49 PM »

Betty, sure, I think that would be interesting too, but wouldn't that be thread drift?   ???

Reply #9 above has been modified to show the latest poll additions.

Rolf Salhus

MikeCoke

• ---
    • Mike and Wendy's RV Travels
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 02:24:22 AM »
Mike & Wendy   
Lawrence                       7                           7                          7                                   11

Our first Q rally was in 2006 and we have not missed one since
Mike

(edit: Mike didn't check my camping log, average stay was 11 days)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:00:08 PM by Wendy »
Mike, Wendy & Gordon our Yellow Lab
2015 Tiffin Allegro 31SA with Inverter & Generator and soon to have Solar Panels
Toad 1973 Yellow VW Beetle
Retired NPS Ranger

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 08:55:46 AM »
The Cousins are 7,7,7,7. We showed up with Mike and Wendy in 2006.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 12:02:25 PM »
The Cousins are 7,7,7,7. We showed up with Mike and Wendy in 2006.

7-7-7-7 Wow, go buy a lottery ticket :)
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

rsalhus

• ---
  • '01 Rexhall Vision DP
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 12:24:09 PM »

Here's the latest poll results:

Current Streak       Longest Streak      Total # of RV Forum         Average Stay
Name(s)                      (In years)               (In years)           QZ Rallies Attended            (In days)
_______________  ____________      ____________      ________________         __________
T & B Brewer*2                 4                            10                              16                             10-92
N & L Reiter                       2                             9                               14                                6
B & M Dobrin*1              0 or 14                  11 or 14                     12 or 14                     12 or 14
M & W Lawrence                7                             7                                7                               11
J & S Cousins                     7                             7                                7                                 7
R & S Marabito                   0                             4                                7                                14
R & S Salhus                      6                             6                                6                                12
T Seiler                              2                             2                                2                                  8
B & J Whetstone                1                            1                                 1                                  6
E & D Gorber                      0                            1                                 1                                  5

Footnotes:     *1            Dobrins didn't park with the RV Forum group for the entire rally for years 2010 and 2012.
                      *2            Terry Brewer is the only original RV Forum member still attending these rallies.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:51:49 PM by rsalhus »
Rolf Salhus

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 12:27:28 PM »
Not that it matters because they aren't travelling any more and they didn't even want to go to Qtz the first year they went with us, but my parents went to Qtz 3 times and stayed 28 days each time they went. Moral of that story is, never say you don't like Quartzsite and will never go until you've actually been there. It kind of grows on you.

Wendy

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 01:14:55 PM »
Terry Brewer    4,10,15 Average stays  between 10 and 90 days. 

How about WOW! moments?  Such as: the time Betty Brewer stepped out of her car wearing her drop-dead gorgeous "principal goes to a meeting" clothes instead of her usual camping attire.  Now that was a WOW! moment.

Margi

Hfx_Cdn

• ---
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »
    Rolf, we can't compete for the longest streak, however, we can for the shortest.  We came in 2010, stayed 5 days, and because we bought a place in Florida, we likely won't be back early enough in the year to attend again.  Nevertheless, I think we could competed for on the entertainment side, we brought a Nor'Easter with us that blew over many of the exhibits, the creeks and washes were over full, and we had 2 years average rain fall in about 30 hours.

Ed
Ed & Donna
Winter-Pinellas Park FL, Summer- Maritime Canada
2000 Coachmen Catalina 34' DP (owned 2004 to 2015)
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 02:04:53 PM »
Rolf, Terry has recalculated my figures and wishes to submit a correction.  He has attended an RVForum Rally at Quartzsite for 16 years.  Also  our  longest stay was 92 days.  We did that 2 years.

So  numbers should read 4, 10, 16, 10 to 92 days.
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Alaskansnowbirds

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 04:55:34 PM »
The Millers -- 4-8-12-10

Every year from 2000 thru 2012 except 2008. Missed 2008 but don't remember why. But Rolling Stock doesn't lie.
Don & Peg
Alaska/Arizona
Currently located here.
Weather at Camp Verde, AZ.

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »
Rolf, Terry has recalculated my figures and wishes to submit a correction.  He has attended an RVForum Rally at Quartzsite for 16 years.  Also  our  longest stay was 92 days.  We did that 2 years.

So  numbers should read 4, 10, 16, 10 to 92 days.

Betty:

Was that when you went back to school each week and took a shower? ::)

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 06:45:15 PM »
Betty:

Was that when you went back to school each week and took a shower? ::)

Something like that Jeff.  As  you recall Terry retired  5 full years before I was eligible for retirement and I commuted from Orange County California on weekends to join him in the desert.  I  know I took a shower more than once a week, even in Quartzsite.
Betty Brewer

see where we are

judway

• ---
  • We are at the house in West Melbourne, Florida
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 06:48:59 PM »
>>> Rolf, we can't compete for the longest streak, however, we can for the shortest.<<<

Judway: 0,0,0,0  ;D ;D
Wayne
2003 Itasca Horizon 36LD
2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT
Remco Towbar, Demco Baseplate & Air Force One Brake
1995 GMC Sierra Z71
No Dogs      No Cats!
Retired Electrical Engineer (University of Cincinnati)
W4SRR

Barb

• ---
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »
We didn't stay at the rally, but 2006 was our first year. So if your including 2013 are numbers are
7 7 8 5

We dove in, in our white chevy pu. We were greeted by a hansom man wearing cowboy boots. We ask for Ron. And he said Ron who. That's was the first time we met Don Miller.
Barb
2003 NRV Tradewinds LTC
2011 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

rsalhus

• ---
  • '01 Rexhall Vision DP
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 01:13:14 PM »

Barb, we're not counting 2013 so I reduced your numbers to 6,6,7,5. 

Here's the latest poll results:

Current Streak       Longest Streak      Total # of RV Forum         Average Stay
Name(s)                      (In years)               (In years)           QZ Rallies Attended            (In days)
_______________  ____________      ____________      ________________         __________
T & B Brewer*2                 4                           10                               16                             10-92
N & L Reiter                       2                             9                               14                                6
B & M Dobrin*1              0 or 14                  11 or 14                     12 or 14                     12 or 14
D & P Miller                        4                             8                               12                               10
M & W Lawrence               7                             7                                 7                               11
J & S Cousins                    7                             7                                 7                                 7
R & S Marabito                  0                             4                                 7                               14
F & B Weimert                   6                             6                                 7                                 5
R & S Salhus                      6                             6                                 6                               12
T Seiler                              2                             2                                 2                                 8
B & J Whetstone                1                             1                                 1                                 6
E & D Gorber                      0                             1                                 1                                 5

Footnotes:     *1            Dobrins didn't park with the RV Forum group for the entire rally for years 2010 and 2012.
Rolf Salhus

Ron from Big D

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »
    Hey folks.  Don't overlook Bob Buchanan.  I know he was there everytime I was and a lot more.  Someone needs to ask him why he hasn't submitted.  He'd be right up there with Terry, or close anyway.

Ron from Big D
Staff
Artist/Photographer
http://picasaweb.google.com/remarabito

Hosted by Over The Network