New Poll: Who Has Attended The Most Annual Quartzsite RV Forum Rallies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betty Brewer said:
Terry Brewer    4,10,15 Average stays  between 10 and 90 days. 

Now do you want to talk about the entertainment activities over the years?

How about WOW! moments?  Such as: the time Betty Brewer stepped out of her car wearing her drop-dead gorgeous "principal goes to a meeting" clothes instead of her usual camping attire.  Now that was a WOW! moment.

Margi

Rolf, we can't compete for the longest streak, however, we can for the shortest.  We came in 2010, stayed 5 days, and because we bought a place in Florida, we likely won't be back early enough in the year to attend again.  Nevertheless, I think we could competed for on the entertainment side, we brought a Nor'Easter with us that blew over many of the exhibits, the creeks and washes were over full, and we had 2 years average rain fall in about 30 hours.

Ed

Rolf, Terry has recalculated my figures and wishes to submit a correction.  He has attended an RVForum Rally at Quartzsite for 16 years.  Also  our  longest stay was 92 days.  We did that 2 years.

So  numbers should read 4, 10, 16, 10 to 92 days.

Betty Brewer said:
Rolf, Terry has recalculated my figures and wishes to submit a correction.  He has attended an RVForum Rally at Quartzsite for 16 years.  Also  our  longest stay was 92 days.  We did that 2 years.

So  numbers should read 4, 10, 16, 10 to 92 days.

Betty:

Was that when you went back to school each week and took a shower? ::)

Jeff said:
Betty:

Was that when you went back to school each week and took a shower? ::)

Something like that Jeff.  As  you recall Terry retired  5 full years before I was eligible for retirement and I commuted from Orange County California on weekends to join him in the desert.  I  know I took a shower more than once a week, even in Quartzsite.

We didn't stay at the rally, but 2006 was our first year. So if your including 2013 are numbers are
7 7 8 5

We dove in, in our white chevy pu. We were greeted by a hansom man wearing cowboy boots. We ask for Ron. And he said Ron who. That's was the first time we met Don Miller.

Barb, we're not counting 2013 so I reduced your numbers to 6,6,7,5. 

Here's the latest poll results:

Current Streak      Longest Streak      Total # of RV Forum        Average Stay
Name(s)                      (In years)              (In years)          QZ Rallies Attended            (In days)
_______________  ____________      ____________      ________________        __________
T & B Brewer*2                4                          10                              16                            10-92
N & L Reiter                      2                            9                              14                                6
B & M Dobrin*1              0 or 14                  11 or 14                    12 or 14                    12 or 14
D & P Miller                        4                            8                              12                              10
M & W Lawrence              7                            7                                7                              11
J & S Cousins                    7                            7                                7                                7
R & S Marabito                  0                            4                                7                              14
F & B Weimert                  6                            6                                7                                5
R & S Salhus                      6                            6                                6                              12
T Seiler                              2                            2                                2                                8
B & J Whetstone                1                            1                                1                                6
E & D Gorber                      0                            1                                1                                5

Footnotes:    *1            Dobrins didn't park with the RV Forum group for the entire rally for years 2010 and 2012.
                      *2            Terry Brewer is the only original RV Forum member still attending these rallies.

Hey folks.  Don't overlook Bob Buchanan.  I know he was there everytime I was and a lot more.  Someone needs to ask him why he hasn't submitted.  He'd be right up there with Terry, or close anyway.

Ron from Big D said:
    Hey folks.  Don't overlook Bob Buchanan.  I know he was there everytime I was and a lot more.  Someone needs to ask him why he hasn't submitted.  He'd be right up there with Terry, or close anyway.

Somewhere in the Forum archives is a picture (more than 10 years old) of me sitting in front of Bob's rig with my computer using Bob's satellite internet connection. He was among the first to wean us away from the acoustic coupler and to wi-fi connections in the desert.

Just came across this thread - and actually am not 100% sure of my 1st year. It was either 98 or 99. I "do" remember that I was in my 5th Wheel that year that I purchased in 3/98. I also remember that I was greeted by Lou and and then Jane who had been camping there for awhile. Lou split for the Blue Grass thing in Blythe and Jayne was nice enough to show me around QZ - even though she had the flu.

Also, that first year I met Ron Marabito for the 1st time. His rig at the time had the loudest genset in QZ. So he parked pretty far down so as not to bother anyone. So Lou, Jane, or Ron -- was that 98? If so, here are my numbers:

Bob Buchanan      1    13    14    16

Unfortunately, I missed '11. Was half way there and had to turn back due to health problems. Otherwise my consecutive stays would have been 15. Not sure of my stay days, but have always been there over 2 weeks. In QZ itself for up to 90 day stays (see attached taken in October '01).

BTW, Rolf - the monospaced Courier Font face would align the columns.

Attachments

• PanaramaOfSite2001.jpg
    PanaramaOfSite2001.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 13
BernieD said:
Somewhere in the Forum archives is a picture (more than 10 years old) of me sitting in front of Bob's rig with my computer using Bob's satellite internet connection. He was among the first to wean us away from the acoustic coupler and to wi-fi connections in the desert.

Thanks for remembering that, Bernie. Actually, I was the 1st forum member to set up a sat dish for internet - I believe. I bought it at the show from Ron Brundage for $600 that included one day of set up training. It was just a standard DirecWay roof dish mounted on a 2x4' piece of plywood. So it was right on the ground, leveled by shims, and weighted down by a concrete block. Ron Ruward then got his about 2 weeks later - and the rest is history.

Most all I asked for advice told me I would wind up behind bars because the FCC would cart me away if I did it - which turned out to be mostly propaganda by the then beginning roof mount folks at MotoSat. Have attached a picture of my mount on a park bench at BoomTown, Reno after leaving QZ. I liked that because I could use 2 C clamps to hold it down without the need for the concrete block. Ron and I set our dishes up the same way that year in Moab.

Attachments

• RenoInSnow.JPG
    RenoInSnow.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 19
actually am not 100% sure of my 1st year. It was either 98 or 99. I "do" remember that I was in my 5th Wheel that year that I purchased in 3/98. I also remember that I was greeted by Lou and and then Jane who had been camping there for awhile.

Jayne first visited the rally in 1999.  I was there during my vacation and she took time off from her job in Olympia, WA and flew into Phoenix.  I met her at the airport and drove her to QZ.

I took a midlife break and fulltimed during 1999 and 2000.  Jayne and I caravanned from WA to QZ in late November and we stayed in QZ from the beginning of December 1999 until the end of February 2000.

Jan & Jean Hart and Terry Brewer were also staying at the rally site that year.  That's also the year we scored the load of campfire wood from the packing plant in Blythe.  They got a railroad car full of untreated 2x4s by mistake and were giving them to anyone that would haul them off.  I only wanted about half as much wood but they wouldn't stop loading my truck until it was completely full.

I went back to work in mid-2000, so except for the 2000 rally I had to fit Quartzsite into my vacation time.  Since my time was limited, I'd drive from San Francisco to Blythe and start out camping at the Blythe fairgrounds during the festival and then come over to the Rally on Monday.  Then return to SF and work when the rally was over.

It all runs together, which is why I haven't given Rolf a definitive accounting of my attendance.

1999 was also the first of the New Year rallies.  Some of us wanted to be away from civilization when the Y2K catastrophe (never) came :)

To the best of my memory these are the numbers:

0  11  14  6

The old records were destroyed when we traded in the SeaBreeze and I am missing the records prior to 2009 so ...? Best guess is started in 1995, missed '97, missed '09, '11 & '12.

Jim & Pat

(Bob:  Thanks for the tip on aligning the columns.  I'm using the Andale Mono font (the only mono font I see listed.)  ;D )

Here's the latest poll results:

Current Streak      Longest Streak      Total # of RV Forum        Average Stay
Name(s)                      (In years)              (In years)          QZ Rallies Attended            (In days)
_____________  ___________      ___________      ________________      ___________
T & B Brewer*2                4                          10                              16                                  10-92
N & L Reiter                      2                            9                              14                                    6
B Buchanan                      1                            13                              14                                    16
B & M Dobrin*1          0 or 14                  11 or 14                    12 or 14                          12 or 14
J & P Godward                  0                          11                              14                                    6
D & P Miller                      4                            8                              12                                    10
M & W Lawrence            7                            7                                7                                    11
J & S Cousins                    7                            7                                7                                    7
R & S Marabito                  0                            4                                7                                  14
F & B Weimert                  6                            6                                7                                    5
R & S Salhus                      6                            6                                6                                  12
T Seiler                                2                            2                                2                                    8 
B & J Whetstone              1                            1                                1                                    6
E & D Gorber                      0                            1                                1                                    5

Footnotes:    *1            Dobrins didn't park with the RV Forum group for the entire rally for years 2010 and 2012.
                        *2            Terry Brewer is the only original RV Forum member still attending these rallies.

Rolf, not sure of that font name, but it doesn't appear to be a mono spaced font. Suggest using Courier. If mono spaced, every character will take up the same horizontal spacing. For example, an "i" and an "m".

iiiii    mmmmm (Andale mono)

iiiii    mmmmm
mmmmm    iiiii
(Courier)

Rolf, not sure of that font name, but it doesn't appear to be a mono spaced font. Suggest using Courier.

Bob, I see what you're saying, but when I convert my (copied and pasted) table to the Courier font everything gets really messed up.  I don't usually set either the font or the font size on a typical reply, so I use whatever the default is until I run into a problem or someone suggests using a different font.  ::)

On another note, there's something goofy about the Font Face selection, as only 5 of the 10 available fonts appear to be selectable (i.e., only 5 of them show up in the Font Face box as being selected when one is manually selected; the rest show up as blanks.)  Also, selecting a Font Size appears to work OK for all selected sizes (except 36 pt), but none of the selected font sizes show up in the Font Size box when manually selected.

It also seems kind of unusual to me  that neither a default Font or a default Font Size shows up when I post a reply.  If one just starts typing text in the reply box, you have no way of knowing which font or font size is currently selected.  I probably should take this up with Tom, but when I do he and/or Ned usually find something wrong with my system or settings (and I end up eating crow).  :p

Back
Top Bottom