New Poll: Who Has Attended The Most Annual Quartzsite RV Forum Rallies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betty Brewer said:
and who remembers frisbee golf?

I DO !!!  WARNING to all new Quartzsite participants.  Beware of "Betty Person".  She thinks of games in which you would never consider EVER participating, and then persuades you to participate anyway.  And, you have fun doing so!  (That's the dangerous part.)  She will single-handedly transform you from a grumpy old senior citizen into a person who smiles, and is nice, and befirends people, and contributes to charity ....  Clearly, she has to be stopped.  Terry ... can you help us?  ;D

Rolf, I don't think you stepped on anyone's feelings per se. Talking strictly data ....

I found the stats illuminating to an extent but, having spent a lot of time as both the creator/publisher and the recipient/analyst of statistics for much of my career, I'm the ultimate skeptic on any published stats.

I suspect that Bob's assumption about your motivation is correct and, as such, nobody should have a beef with what you're doing. Personally, I don't respond to "polls", so I tuned the topic out from the beginning, although I still read every message posted here.

Bottom line, I suspect that we'll be able to take your final results and use them to promote the QZ rally in particular, and all RV Forum rallies in general. So, keep up the good work.

Talking strictly non-data ....

What you see/read in the various comments is what I think you already know; It's people and personalities that make up our membership, and the personal relationships that have developed among our membership are deep and long lasting. Some/many of these relationships were forged during attendance at forum rallies, while others were forged during non-rally events/meetings.

Ken, It may have been.  I know I was still working and I "borrowed " the frisbees and hula hoops for the weekend from my  school.  I  think Ron M won the round of golf.

Ken & Sheila said:
>>and who remembers frisbee golf?<<

Betty,

Was that New Years 2000 (1999/2000) at Quartzsite?

ken
Betty Brewer said:
Ken, It may have been.  I know I was still working and I "borrowed " the frisbees and hula hoops for the weekend from my  school.  I  think Ron M won the round of golf.

You are both correct.  It was the New Years of 1999/2000 when we went to watch the planes fall out of the sky as computers were supposed to fail and our first New Years party out on the desert, which has since evolved to Catalina SP.  The hula hoop golf game was our daytime entertainment, and I think we also played bean bag baseball.  Then there was some outrageous story about forgotten hula-hoops and a side trip to a school and some other nonsense that helped to entertain us.  It was a good time had by all.  I think it went on for a week or am I delusional again.

I forgot what we did with the frisbees, but must have been something fun. 

Daisy

How do you all remember this? I know that our first year was 1996 when we stayed 3 weeks. Other years, I've stayed up to 14 days. I missed the year that the wind blew 61 mph and some other years here and there when temps were 30 or so.

Guess I need a Q journal!

Bill,

I've been reading but didn't chose to respond. We started in 1997 but missed a few years in the 2000's. There's no way I can remember what years we missed but think we have been here at least 7 years.

Just deciphered Pat's notes on our trips. It seems we were here from 1997 through 2000. Missed 2001,2002, and 2004. Made it in 2005 but missed the rest of the rallies until this year. So it looks like this is our 7th year, as I suspected.  ;D

It is the friendships we made over those years that keep us wanting to come back. QZ itself is not exciting after the first couple of years. What I enjoyed were our long time friends and the off roading we use to do. Thanks to Chris, this year I got to drive his Jeep on The Ridge Ride. It had been 8 years since I did that last.

Back
Top Bottom