Dicks depart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Regrettably, Pat & Jim Dick left Discovery Bay this morning, heading for Oregon. We thoroughly enjoyed their visit. They're great company and low maintenance  :) I snapped a few photos as they were getting ready to leave:
  • Pat & Jim with their coach.
  • Chris, The Penns, Pat & Jim.
  • Jim hooks up the toad while the ladies watch.
  • Jim and Robert inspect the tires.

Attachments

• Pat_Jim.jpg
    Pat_Jim.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 40
  • DiscoBay_group.jpg
    DiscoBay_group.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 39
  • toad_hookup.jpg
    toad_hookup.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 40
  • inspect_tires.jpg
    inspect_tires.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 39
Suppose Jim will experience withdrawal since I'm sure you didn't let him take your dish with him ??? ??? ???

It ius good to see the ladies right there making sure Jim get the toad hooked up correctly. ;D

I almost had to wrestle the dish off him  :) It's now in my neighbor's yard; I'd promised him he could use it when he got back in town. Since I hadn't changed elevevation or skew settings moving across the street, I figured I'd just need to find the bird. Plugged in the Birdog and, purely by luck, I was dead on. Plugged in the modem and we were in business. Fastest setup yet  :)

I hope you gave your neighbor the impression that is nothing less than you expected. ;D  See it does get easier with experience. ;D

It's a lot easier when a firewall isn't running interference and the dish is pointing at the right satellite  :)

Tom

>>Regrettably, Pat & Jim Dick left Discovery Bay this morning, heading for Oregon.<<

What did you do, shut off their internet connection?<BG>

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Tom must have been concerned Jim would get away with the internet connection since he moved the dish over to a neighbors yard so he could have help keeping an eye on it. ;D ;D ;D

LOL Terry. I sensed they would have liked to stay longer, but they have an appointment at Davis Cabinets.

Tom said:
Regrettably, Pat & Jim Dick left Discovery Bay this morning, heading for Oregon. We thoroughly enjoyed their visit. They're great company and low maintenance  :) I snapped a few photos as they were getting ready to leave:
  • Pat & Jim with their coach.
  • Chris, The Penns, Pat & Jim.
  • Jim hooks up the toad while the ladies watch.
  • Jim and Robert inspect the tires.

Tom,

Looks like I need to spend more time checking ALL threads for any mention of my name! ;D I just came across this one now that I am back on line and it's the weekend.

We really enjoyed our visit and would have loved to stay longer but don't want to wear out our welcome either. :) Looking forward to seeing you and Chris in Moab!!!

Back
Top Bottom