Starting a Remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl951

I am new to this board.  I have been reading all of the posts on remodels and found so much help here that we felt we should pay it forward somehow.  My hubby and I really appreciate all the info.  We just bought a 2000 Four Winds Class C.  It looks pretty good but does have some problems.  So far we have pulled out the dinette, and the sofa.  We will be replacing them with more comfortable furniture.  Hubby has removed the window box valances.  I wanted the mattress gone although he thought it was in good shape.  I insisted.  Now we are both glad. We discovered water damage.  The platform had water stains.  We discovered the leak was around the rear window.  Hubby will begin pulling the wall off to see how bad it is tomorrow morning.  Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 273
Good luck,
I am in the begining stages of my remodel too, fun and aggrivating at the same time.

Good luck to you, too!  Hubby has decided we will pull every window out and reseal them so we don't face this later. Oh boy!  I can't wait. I have been all over the place looking for furniture. Two inexpensive Euro recliners, electric fireplace, flooring, and storage ottomans bought so far.  The shopping is more my speed than the repair work!

The inside walls are coming down.  There was damage on two walls in the bedroom. The rest appear to be okay.  Hubby is going to repair the damage, reseal the culprit windows, prime, texture, and paint next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 183
Thats a heck of an undertaking. I have been in your shoes before. Its unnerving but turns out being alot of fun! If you have some good before and after photos I would love to put them up on my website. If your interested you can contact me at my site in my signature!

We have finally had some good weather.  Progress has been made. The water damage has been repaired.  The walls have been primed and textured.  The bathroom sink has been refinished.  Hubby has started on the countertop.  Furniture has been bought.  A lot of work done but a lot to go!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 149
YOU ARE MAKING ME SICK...:)
I am getting ready to go to a 5 week school for the Army and I have been busy with stuff around the house. Got to make sure the home front is squared away. It is looking great and can't wait to get started on mine again.

That looks awesome !!!!

ChiefM, good luck on your school!  And thank you for your service!  The walls are painted and a faux granite finish has been started on the kitchen and bath countertops. I will post the finished product but this is a pic of the base coat and the first color. 

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 146
More pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 107
Your welcome,
It is the best job in the world. It seems like I have a never ending list to try and get accomplished. Last weekend was vehicle maintenance and some work around the house. Once I get this school over it will be a little warmer and I can get back to the MH. The results so far are amazing, keep up the good work!!!

Good Luck on this one. Seems that every little project takes on a life of its own. Replace a mattress find water damage etc etc. Repair a leaky window find more damage. But I think your approach is right. Get each repair completely squared away then move on. A real sense of accomplishment with each project.
  Still at the research stage for mine but finding lots of info from other re modellers experiences.
Will be watching yours with interest.

They do take on a life of their own!  Seems every time we start something we find a surprise.  It is coming together though.  The floor went in today.  The finish work for the floor is tomorrow.  The galley countertop and the bath room counter have been faux painted a couple of times.  The first time did not look right.  The polyurethane is going on coat by coat.  I am working on the "frugal wife" home decor while hubby is working on the floor.  We installed a light fixture over where our recliners will be positioned. 

The galley is completed with the exception of a curtain.  i can't make up my mind what I want. 

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 110
The tile went up in the bathroom today.  The pics just don't do it justice!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 100
We are finished except for decorating and loading.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg