Need advice for Winter Living

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KelloggKid

My wife and I are in the process of relocating to N Idaho.? We are building a new house which won't be done for about a year.? Our current 5er (27.5' no slides) is too small and not well insulated so we don't want to try and spend the winter in it.? We are looking to pick up a used 5er, something around 30-34 feet with a couple of slides.? We would prefer one that can handle the N Idaho climate and snow.? We won't be towing it, just full time live-in.? A few folks have recommended we look at Arctic Fox but we haven't been able to locate very many used ones (1998-2002) in the Washington/Idaho area.?

I realize this is a loaded question but would really appreciate any advice as to which brands we should be considering.? Again, something that a couple of adults and a black lab could live out a N Idaho winter in.

Thanks in advance - Dale

Well, one thing is to skirt it in and if you have 120 VAC, then heat tapes around water lines and a source of heat under the skirting. I wouldn't recommend "light bulbs" or heat lamps because I know of several people who have been burned out from fires. As far as what type of rig...others should know that.

Don't be bashful - Opinions needed......

We would really appreciate some opinions as to which 5ers would be best suited to full time living in Northern winter climates.

Most of the Canadian built trailers are beter insulated - look for makes like Golden Falcon, Titanium, & Okanagon.  Among the US makes, Arctic Fox & Nash (same company) are usually good), as are Tetons.  Most of the high end brands are also pretty decent in cold weather and some of them offer an "Arctic Kit" or "Cold Pack" option. Holiday Rambler is one and I thonk Carriage as well.  You might be able to find a used rig wit this option, thogh it may not be obvious the option is present.

Gary - thanks.  That is exactly what I was looking for.  Now all I've got to do is find something in our price range.

Dale

Back
Top Bottom