Best way to Q from Denver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koodog

Though I'd ask members here what they feel is the best way to Quartszite from Denver. Its our first year going down, so don't have a good feel which route is best.

If you are comfortable driving in mts
and
If the weather isn't like this weekend but dry in NM & AZ
this boy raised in Kittredge/Bear Creek Canyon says take I-25->I-40->Holbrook AZ 77/377 to Heber -> A 260 ->Payson  US 89 to Phoenix is the shortest way.

If it is bad weather, I-25 -Hatch and the Deming Cut off to I-20 to Hila bebd and then up to I-10 and on to QZ.. It will be a day longer at least, but the only snow you might see will be in TX Canyon just W of the NM/AZ stateline.

Wish I could join y'all but my cardiologists have me on a 300 mile leash this winter as we set up my new pacer/synchronizer/devib unit.

South I-25 -> West I-40 -> South I-17 -> West AZ-74 -> West US-60 -> West I-10 to Quartzsite.

South I-25 -> West I-40 -> South I-17 -> Exit 232 West on New River Rd. -> West AZ-74 -> West US-60 -> West I-10 to Quartzsite.

The second route is about 20 miles shorter.

No matter which route you take, at this time of year watch the weather real close.

If you come down I-17 and need a place to stop and spend the night, we're at exit 285.

I don't care much for I-17 for RVs, due to the steep hills and sharp curves. I take I-25 south to the Hatch cutoff to I-10, which takes you to Qz.

I so wanted to get down to the Q after finishing the mods on our rig. Unfortunately Honey insisted on a 3rd world country and I'll get more trips to the hills this summer if I give in. So while you are enjoying the Q, I'll be in Costa Rica for a week. The upside is I'll have lots of birds, bugs and other critters to take pictures of in the rain forest.

Have fun, be safe and hopefully I'll make it next year.

Back
Top Bottom