2013 Access: Goodbye sofa, hello desk.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arne

After returning to Florida last October, our new rig spent more than two months at the local Winnebago dealer for warranty repairs.  (Two days for repairs, two months waiting for parts).  We did not mind as storage was free, and I had plenty of time to build a desk to replace the prototype I built last summer.  With a picnic table as a workbench, and a Skillsaw as a saw  it was a fairly miserable desk.  Try building drawers when it is impossible to cut a straight line or 90 degree angle.  My new desk turned out much better.  Here is a picture.  Only issue is that we no longer have a sore.  However it was exceptionally uncomfortable and we rarely used it anyway.

Attachments

• 2013_01_12_013.jpg
    2013_01_12_013.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 120
Thats AWESOME !!!!!
I wish i was as good with wood as I am a mechanic, I guess we all have our specialties.

Looks great Arne!  I'm a woodworker (and now into metalworking) and discovered over the years that it's really difficult (and frustrating) trying to build something without good (and appropriate) equipment. 

Even with good equipment, sometimes a project goes wrong  ::)

In my case everything goes wrong. My expertize is in fixing my mistakes.

Arne said:
In my case everything goes wrong. My expertize is in fixing my mistakes.

Dang, that sounds like me.:)

Or I spend too much money trying to repair something when I could have just bought a new one..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom