Navistar RV intros at the Tampa RV show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Navistar RV will show the new 2014 Monaco Dynasty at the the show. There hasn't been a new Dynasty since 2012. Navistar RV will also reintroduce the Holiday Rambler Presidential as a Fifth Wheel. Its been several yers since HR as made a higher end Fifth Wheel.

Navistar RV apparently thinks that some higher end buyers are returning to the market.

They are also discontinuing the Monaco Vesta and HR Trip due to low sales

ken'

Both of these motor homes are awesome, some of the best that I have seen in a long time from Monaco/HR.  I am a painter at Navistar RV and i gotta say those 2 units were by far the best we have done to date. 

On a sad note though, seems like we wont be a Navistar company much longer as there have been many offers from other RV manufacturers in the area, including Forest River and Thor.  At this point nobody is talking specifics, I just hope i dont lose my job again from this plant.

I had heard a rumor from several sources that Navistar had turned down several offers. Of course that is probably just a negotiating tactic. Nothing showing on their corporate site nor can I find anything on the financial news sources.

From what I know a deal with Thor could leave the company underfunded. If BershireHathaway backs Forest River in a deal the funding would be good, but I don't know about Forest River's credibility to led Monaco back into the high end market. That said they have left some of their (Forest Rivers) purchases operating as separate companies under Forest River (sub of Bershire), this could be very good for Monaco/HR.

A good "fit" could be Newmar or Entegra (Bontrager Family/Jayco), but both are family run and probaly wouldn't want to take on the debt to do a deal.

I wish you good luck and I hope that Monaco comes through as company with a good "parent" that can help it move forward.

ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom