Wording to mislead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill dane

Just so you understand that this is for enjoyment:
    1  Now a few of you may have had trouble using IS and ARE.  So which is right; 5 and 7 IS 11 or 5 and 7 ARE 11?  My answers will be at bottom of page.

2  Most have heard about the Ark and all the animals taken on it.  Question is, how many animals of each kind did  Moses take in his ark?

3  For those of you that have seen geese flying in a V , do you know why one line is longer than the other?

Bill Dane  99  CC  Allure

Answers    1  12          2  Noah      3  it has more geese in it      [you were warned it could be misleading]

In my hand i have 2 current US coins that equal 55 cents.  One of the coins is not a nickel.  So what coins do I have in my hand?

Answer;  50 cents and a nickel. 

Bill Dane  99  CC  Allure

For Number 1: If the question is defining what the coins are, then the nickel and dime ARE two coins. If the qustion is what is the sum of a nickel and a dime then it IS 12 cents.

Rancher Will said:
For Number 1: If the question is defining what the coins are, then the nickel and dime ARE two coins. If the qustion is what is the sum of a nickel and a dime then it IS 12 cents.
???

That is a very old one, I knew the answer soon as I read the trick question.  A bit like the question how much dirt is in a hole 3' wide by 12 feet long by 8 feet deep..

Answer:  None, if it was full of dirt, there would not be a hole.

John From Detroit said:
That is a very old one, I knew the answer soon as I read the trick question. 
John, I'm disappointed.  I thought you would have three answers. 
Can you answer this one for me?

If your knees bent backward, instead of forward, what would a chair look like?

Just Lou said:

A great place to sit down because my knee hurts.  ;)

Just Lou said:

Humm. Knees do bend backwards (Toward the rear) but if they bent the other way, either a chase lounge or the letter U

John From Detroit said:
Humm. Knees do bend backwards (Toward the rear) but if they bent the other way, either a chase lounge or the letter U

John, I think if you do a Google search you will find that the consensus of opinion is that the human "Knee" bends forward.  I guess the resulting movement of the lower leg could be described as backward.

Your "U" shaped chair just might result in you kicking yourself in the forehead.  Not an acceptable consequence outside Detroit.

A typical "chase lounge" (sic), while not strictly a chair, also has a hinge that bends forward to accommodate the human, forward bending, knee.

One more,
    A bum picks up 36 cigarettes butts and can make 1 cigarette from 6 cig butts.  When he is through smoking them, how many  cigarettes has he smoked?

Answer:    seven

Bill Dane    99  CC  Allure

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom