Pamorama photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
Hi All,

Have you ever been standing looking a spectacular view and wished you could have a photo for the whole view--complete, from left to right horizon. There is a way to make a panorama photo with a fabulous  free program.

See: www.autostitch.net

Attached are a couple of panoramas from our 2003 Alaska trip that were stitched with this program. The first is Bernard Lake at the top of the Klondike pass, just before the 3200' 10.5 mile downgrade to Skagway. The second is Salmon Glacier which is about an 18 mile ride up in the mountains from Hyder.

I wish I had this program when I took the Salmon Glacier photos. I could have filled in the missing areas. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go back some time and try again.

Chet18013

Attachments

• Bernard Lake Pano.jpg
    Bernard Lake Pano.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Salmon glacier pano.jpg
    Salmon glacier pano.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 55
Great photos Chet.
I found that Panorama Factory to be the best program for stitching photos together.? Unlike Autostitch it isn't free but well worth the price.? I had used Autostitch prior to Jerry introducing me to Panorama Factory.? You can download a free trial HERE.

Hi Ron,

There is a new version of AuoStitch which has been enhanced. I think it is truly, now the most powerful panorama program available. It has the ability to take random photos of a location taken in a patchwork  pattern and assemble a good panorama picture. If you dig down in to the settings, you can make final panos that are at 100% resolution of the original photos. ie, assemble a bunch of 5-8 meg photos into a final full resolution pano. Be warned that this takes time--like several hours--and I have a 2.8 gHz processor. So start it and forget it. The photos I posted were done at the default settings and took about 10 sec each to assemble.

A tip. If your camera has "Auto White Balance", turn it off.  If you don't, the color of the sky will change as you pan from left to right and change the angle of the sun. If you look at the photos I posted as examples, you will see that I did not tun this function off. --I  was learning<<GG>>

BTW, I have Panorama Factory, and find I much perfer AutoStitch since the update.

Chet18013

Chet:

For best results, you have to take the shots in manual settings.  Same exposure, light balance and focus.  If you are in anything auto, the shots will not give you the correct panorama.

Chet:

Here is a shot from SD last month that I was playing with using HP's Image Zone for stitching.

Attachments

• Custer Panorama 4-2.jpg
    Custer Panorama 4-2.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom