Have to replace my battery convertor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acesneights1

Not sure how to wire this. well, I think I know how but there is a few different ways and I'm not sure which is best. The Battery convertor i snot workng and it's very old and I figure it's not worth trying to fix it. I have one savalged from a newer camper. I'll post pics but basically the new convertor ha a built in circiut panel for the 12v stuff where as the old convertor just has to cables that I assume tied into the battery somewhere. There is a fuse panel for the 12v accs but it's mounted far away from the convertor so for me to eliminate it and use the internal one would require running alot of new wiring. Should I just ignore the built in fuse panel and hook the main 12v back up the way the old one was ?

Attachments

• DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    403.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    427.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    419 KB · Views: 28
Here's the pics of where it goes and the current fuse panel in the pantry. The current one hooks up to the big circuit breaker.

Attachments

• DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    404.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0012.JPG
    DSCF0012.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 27
Yes, you can avoid using the built-in 12v section of the replacement and just hook up the battery charge portion. I suspect, however, that the old 12v cables somehow connected to your 12v fuse panel as well as the batteries, though possibly that connection was made right at the battery terminals.

Thanks.
Yeah it has a heavy cable from the breaker maybe 6 or 8ga that I think goes to the fuse panel then probably tied off there to the batt. I'd rewire it but I kinda like where the fuse panel is now. Easy to get to plus I dont want to open the walls up.

Back
Top Bottom