Remco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Warranty support sucks!  Try getting a live person to help you when you have a major problem.  Both times the pump was installed by their authorized dealer.  I was shocked at their response.  Check some of the other forums.  You will find that the way I was treated was the norm when a problem occurs.

All I asked was please help me resolve this situation.  I was stuck 2,000 miles from home.  They finally called me back four days later after I left a message and said there was nothing they could do.  Send the transmission to them and they might do something about it.  They advised me that I was on my own to resolve the problem.  I guess they expected me to tow my car home without a transmission in it.

It would have been so easy:  Gee, sir, I am so sorry that you encountered the problems.  We will call our local dealer and have him study the situation and help you resolve your problem.  Instead:  silence.......... was all I received.

Smoky said:
John:

What about their warranty support?  That has become the key issue here.

That Smokey I can't tell you,, I've read the same report (up thread) you did (just now) and all I can say is that without much more information I don't know if the problem was indeed Remco's fault (Critical informaiton was not included in that report, can't blame the poster unless he is a mechenic or engineer)

I fully expect never to need warranty support when I get my axel lock installed.  I've looked at the diagrams, I've looked at the design and it is one I have seen before, From the information they have on their web site the axel locks work the same as the manual Wagner Locking Hubs for 4wd vehicles, and there are thousands and thousands of those out there  The only failure I've ever heard of was caused by a lack of proper lubrication (and it was not the locking hub that failed)

In short, I do not expect ever to find out about their warranty service. I don't expect to see a failure

Item 2.... Even if the axel lock fails, there are two ways it can fail, (locked and free) if it fails free (the more likely) you can still tow the Taurs, If it fails locked you can drive the taurus

Smoky said:
I tried this afternoon to find the phone number of Remco HQ.  However I could not find it anywhere on their web site.  It is obvious that they want all specifics handled through their dealers.  I have no problems with that, except there ought to be some sort of contact number for Remco for questions like these.

They do have email service, so tonight I am sending them an email, asking for a phone number to call explaining I want to find out what the HQ position is on warranties.

Smoky

The 800 # listed on REMCO's website will put you in contact with a REMCO employee. I'm sure if that employee can't answer your questions he could forward you to someone who can.

Thanks Bernie.  Somehow I could not find that nr on their web site.  But I got a private message with a name and a number so I will try that on Monday.

caltex said:
Thanks Smokey, I guess that means that the differential gears are constantly spinning.

I have looke at teh Remco axel disconnect and yes, that's how it works, the differential gears spin,  they run in an oil bath even on a front wheel drive so they do not need a running pump to provide lubrication, thus it's ok to run it that way

Back
Top Bottom