Is anybody still in AZ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

Is it hot here in AZ, or what?  All I can think of is getting back up to Casey's in Westfir OR.  The campground owner emailed it's been raining up there lately, which is good.  Let it rain for a couple months and get all those baby leaves huge and beautiful again. 

--pat

Pat said:
Is it hot here in AZ, or what?? All I can think of is getting back up to Casey's in Westfir OR.? The campground owner emailed it's been raining up there lately, which is good.? ?Let it rain for a couple months and get all those baby leaves huge and beautiful again.? --pat

Yep there are a few of us here in Yuma.  Only 87F outside now. ( JUst had to put that in for those in the north. ;D)  We may be here till around mid April unless it gets too hot. Only date for sure right now is we will arrive Moab on the 28th in time for the early birds dinner.

I'll be here till the beginning of June.  Hope the upholstery on the walls survives.  I'll keep the place aired and air conditioned, if necessary.

Early birds' dinner?  Now I'm going to be worried until Moab 2006.  It is potluck?  It's a good thing I'm driving up the day before.  My best thing I fix for potlucks is KFC, which I don't believe there is in Moab. 

--pat

Pat

>>Is it hot here in AZ, or what?<<

The weather is perfect now mid to high 80's, 8-11% humidity. You must be new to AZ as it doesn't get hot until it's in the 100's on a daily basis.

Terry
At Yuma, AZ 88 with 7% humidity

There is  a few of the framily that arrive early and stay llonger at Moab.  The early bird dinner will be a eat out at a restruant type dinner.

Terry:

Actually, I am used to AZ.  I mostly grew up in Tucson.  My dad was transferred there from Chicago when I was 7.  Went back to Cgo about 20 years later.  Good old cement and blacktop - and water. 

I've been wintering in Mesa the past 3 years.  Today was warm here for me.  I think comfort is relative.  I prefer the 60s.  I'll be here till the end of May.  Family obligations will probably keep me here for at least half a year at a stretch for now anyway. 

--pat

Pat

>> I prefer the 60s.<<

AZ isn't for you then...I prefer 80-100 temps.

The only trees I can stand or the giant redwoods & sequoias...the rest are just trash.<G>

Terry
At Yuma, AZ? 85 deg? 10% humidity @ 1335

Terry,

Come on now trees are alright as long as they are not too close to where you are driving the RV and they DON'T interfere with the internet Satellite dish looking to the southern sky.  15 feet either side of the road, away from where you are going to park the RV, and no blocking of the southern sky.

One of the worst campgrounds I've stayed in was in Santa Cruz CA.  Right outside the back door were some of those humongous redwoods.  At least a tree worth of bark bits tracked into my door during the week I was there.  I kept telling myself I was supposed to love the scenery. 

The spot I prefer at Casey's in Oregon does not have a clear view of the DirecTV satellite.  It's a good thing I don't watch much TV.  Casey's has a few satellite stations, which suits me fine.

For now I need to do AZ in the winter.  I imagine once it's no longer necessary, I'll probably look at some more places.

--pat

Terry A. Brewer said:
Pat

>> I prefer the 60s.<<

AZ isn't for you then...I prefer 80-100 temps.

The only trees I can stand or the giant redwoods & sequoias...the rest are just trash.<G>

Terry
At Yuma, AZ  85 deg  10% humidity @ 1335
You mean you had Fred and I walk up Palm Canyon to look at TRASH trees????  The nerve!!!

Ron

>>15 feet either side of the road, away from where you are going to park the RV, and no blocking of the southern sky.<<

I like to be able to see at least 5 miles with no obstructions...I don't like anything to block my views of sunsets or sunrises(although rarely seen by me<G>)

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Pat

>>For now I need to do AZ in the winter.? I imagine once it's no longer necessary, I'll probably look at some more places.<<

Northern North Dakota or Minnesota might suit you.<G>

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Jim

>>You mean you had Fred and I walk up Palm Canyon to look at TRASH trees?? The nerve!!!<<

The waterfall was nice.<G>

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Terry,

"The only trees I can stand or the giant redwoods & sequoias...the rest are just trash.<G>"

The "trash" tulip poplar out front of the condo saves us a fortune in air conditioning costs, but I can only tell when it's noon! <EG>  Today they ain't a cloud in what little sky I can actually see...

George in Atlanta

Back
Top Bottom