Fleetwood Warranty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richardcron

I have owned a Fleetwood Discovery for four years. It is a 2002 37U and has about 10K miles on it. We have had so many problems with it that we hold our breath every time we take her out. Last weekend we were camping at a state park and I was thinking that we hadn't had any "issues" this year but then at 3AM on Sunday I heard a loud noise that sounded somewhat like radio "static" but which was actually the hot water supply line leaking in the bedroom floor. What I found was that when the coach was built, they shot a carpet staple into the water line just before where it passes under the wall into the bathroom. It took four years for the staple to corrode enough to let loose, I guess. I called Fleetwood and was told that the coach was too far out of warranty for them to help me with the repair. Seems to me that in all fairness, this was a hidden defect in workmanship and existed from day one. I have never been treated well by Fleetwood so I can't say that I was surprised but all I can say is beware of these guys. Thanks.

richardcron said:
I have owned a Fleetwood Discovery for four years. It is a 2002 37U and has about 10K miles on it. We have had so many problems with it that we hold our breath every time we take her out. Last weekend we were camping at a state park and I was thinking that we hadn't had any "issues" this year but then at 3AM on Sunday I heard a loud noise that sounded somewhat like radio "static" but which was actually the hot water supply line leaking in the bedroom floor. What I found was that when the coach was built, they shot a carpet staple into the water line just before where it passes under the wall into the bathroom. It took four years for the staple to corrode enough to let loose, I guess. I called Fleetwood and was told that the coach was too far out of warranty for them to help me with the repair. Seems to me that in all fairness, this was a hidden defect in workmanship and existed from day one. I have never been treated well by Fleetwood so I can't say that I was surprised but all I can say is beware of these guys. Thanks.

I just sold my Discovery after 7 years and excellent service after the "normal" first year problems. However, Fleetwood does have in place a process to resolve problems like this one. You must be a member of the Discovery Owners Association International (DOAI) www.discoveryowners.com  Take alook at their web site for information

If getting assistance from the manufacturer requires belonging to a third-party club, it doesn't say much for them. And I have been around the block many times with Fleetwood and the dealer, Earnhardt RV, neither were much help once they got my money. And I'm not talking nuisance repairs, either. How about a generator transfer relay with the "shore" cord and breaker panel wires reversed? I'm still dealing with electrical problems as a result of that very dangerous mistake. Both TV's have literally "smoked". The generator has failed three times, each time was something different. Then there's the bad inverter, leaky roof... Needless to say, I would never buy another Fleetwood product. For every "happy" customer they have, I bet there are several such as myself. And I've only got 10K miles on the coach. I've also heard of dealers and manufacturers employees that make false positive posts to reply to many of the legitimate complaints that are posted, to minimize the damage to their image. Has to make one suspicious...

Back
Top Bottom