2005 Keystone Springdale - 32' - How much is it worth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jarooty

Just curious -- My sisters and I inherited this RV from our grandparents, but none of us have a vehicle that will allow is to transport it so we must sell it. (unforutnatley)

It's extremely beautiful. 

We're having a hard time gaging the value.  I went to nada, and plugged it in and it comes back with a Avg Retail of just over $9,000

But that's without any extras that are part of it.  Though I'm not sure what extras it actually does have. Standard Fridge/Oven/Stove/Microwave.. but I'm not sure about the heating/cooling or tank size..ect.  Which I know can add or reduce value.

Can someone give me an approx retail of what we should expect to sell this for?  I've also tried to find similar 2005 Keystone SpringDale's for sale online, and it really does range quite a bit from 10-18k. 

Just want to make sure I don't undersell this thing.

Thanks in advance!

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.  No....I'm not being a smart-....uh....butt.  It's the truth.  If is exactly what someone is looking for and they've had trouble finding it, they may pay a huge chunk of cash for it.  If nobody wants it, the value is zero.

If you really want to know what it's worth, put it on eBay with a $1 opening bid, a 7 day auction, and no reserve.  Take tons and tons of pics.  Describe it to a T.  In one week, you'll know exactly what a nationwide market thinks it's worth.  You will also be handing over the title in exchange for the cash.

What we think it's worth is irrelevant....we're not buying it.  What a potential buyer thinks it's worth means everything. 

Good luck!  :)

I guess thats why I see the prices on these things vary so much eh?

You make some good points though and the ebay way might be a good option.  We put it on Craigslist for 12.5k and got a few bites on it at that price.. and a sight-unseen offer of 10k.. so i guess that gives me a start.

If anyone else has any other ideas I'm all ears!  Thanks for the input though!

We bought our TT new, but the same thing sort of applies.....

We'd looked at dozens of trailers.  Most were good, but there was something about each either I didn't like or wifey didn't like.  We didn't want to "settle"....we made up our minds to look until we found the ideal floorplan for us.  We'd almost given up and decided to compromise when we found "THE" trailer.  It was the only one the dealer had, and it was perfect.  We didn't even bother to haggle, just wrote the check.  Did we pay too much?  Some might say yes....you know, the "you could have gotten them down another thousand" mentality.....but it was the right trailer, and I didn't want someone else coming in and buying it out from under us while we hemmed and hawed.  We plan on keeping it 15-20 years....depreciation is a non issue.

Point of my above diatribe is as I mentioned before.....if it's the "right" trailer for someone, they will run the price up in an auction to keep someone else from getting it.  You can list it for sale locally at a high fixed price also....so if the right buyer is local, they can snag it if they're willing to pay more and you can cancel the auction....or they can take their chances losing it to another buyer in the auction.  You win either way.

Back
Top Bottom