Crabbing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yogey98

Anyone in the pacific north west into crabbing and sal****er fishing?  Any tips? Areas? Latest regulations?

Seriously, you live in Paulsbo and have to ask  Check out season(s).  Fidalgo Bay RV Park in Anacortes is a great place to stay for both.

Crabbing is pretty much over until about July. The crabs will moult and be soft shell until then. Check the WA state fisheries site for all the details, fees, licenses, permits, regulations, and restrictions. My boat lives in Pt Orchard and I'll be living on it from June 1 to Labor Day. I might catch a salmon or a crab sometime during the summer.

Ken

Nice.  Im usually out 2-3 times a week, dropping the boat in the hood canal by the bridge.  this last year I was limiting 3 catch cards on dungeness in about 2 hours. Drop the pots on the south side of the bridge, then do some bottom fishing on the north side of the bride.

Crabbibg starts to pick up mid to late July but the Key months for quality crab is September, October and November along the Oregon coast and mouth of the Columbia upstream to buoy 14 or so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom