1383 12v light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winnie32v

Could anyone suggest where to get the best deal on some 1383 12v reading light bulbs?  Several of mine have burned out and need to be replaced.
I've looked at a couple of internet sites and the shipping seems to be quite high.

Thanks for the advice.

You can use any BA15A single contact base bulb - HERE is a page full of leds types from one of our advertisers (10% discount).  You probably want a spotlight (focused beam) for a reading lamp unless it has a very effective reflector. The leds are pricey buy should last as long as you own the rv and give off almost no heat at all!

Or try Amazon.com and combine with an order for something else - you get free shipping over $25. I try to wait and group small items to get the free shipping.

Been looking around and found a supplier that looks very reasonable:

http://www.lightexports.com/servlet/the-8289/1383-replacement-bulb%2C-rv/Detail

I will probably order 6 to keep some stock on hand.

winnie32v said:
Been looking around and found a supplier that looks very reasonable:

http://www.lightexports.com/servlet/the-8289/1383-replacement-bulb%2C-rv/Detail

I will probably order 6 to keep some stock on hand.

20W vs. 3.36W, 2K hours vs. 60K hours of life expectancy.  Unless I missed it, your link doesn't mention Lumens.  I wonder if they are comparable to the ones you're replacing?

Maybe something to think about before you order.

It is not the best deal but the ONLY place I've found that dang 1383 is camping world.

It is called an "Elevator blub" You might try a lighting speciality store  (The kind of store that sells primarly light fixtures and lamps, perhaps ceiling fans and intercom systems but not much of anything else)

Since we have numerous discussions on the subject of LED bulbs, I get a ton of emails from Chinese suppliers. They all get labeled as 'junk' and trashed. We've seen a number of discussions here about some of these low-cost manufacturers, and the results of using their products.

I rarely promote any of our sponsors or their products, but I'd encourage folks to check out RVLedBulbs (see their ad above). The owner is a solid guy who wouldn't consciously sell a product that isn't going to last, and his offerings have been tested extensively by at least one forum member with not a single issue. Don't forget he offers a 10% discount for RV Forum members; Just use the promo code 'forum' without the quotes.

Brian at rvledbulbs.com is an avid RVer himself and uses many of the products he sells in his own coach. Brian and son Jay also own the Ocala Hitching Post, a shop where I have done business since 1995 when they installed my first 5W hitch. Jay personally installed the Blue Ox base plates and toad lighting on my GMC Acadia. They have treated me well over these many years and I do not hesitate to recommend doing business with them.

Ok.  I am going to try some of the RVLed lights.  I have done enough research.  One question before I order...

With the old (1994) Jayco ceiling fixtures in mind, which LED replacement "bulb" would accommodate the same fixture using the 1141 base?  Would the tower configuration or directional be better in those same fixtures?  The only focused reading light might be helpful over one area which is lit by the same type of fixture.  Maybe a directional type LED there?

Thoughts and suggestions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom