2013 RV Forum QZ Rally activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sheriff Pat  handed me the sack of name tag  fines.  I  thought I had  $4.06 but upon recount someone slipped in a Canadian coin that has a 25 on it and a picture of Elizabeth II.  So I'm not sure how much was earned by this event.    Gotta watch those Canadians at every turn!

Good times.  If  you failed to  contribute to the Tax Collector fund, just make a donation using the Donate button in the line above where you are reading.  We gotta keep this RVForum running.  These rallies are way too much fun!

The sunset this evening after much rain was an interesting one. The higher clouds seem to be on fire glowing though the lower lying rain clouds.

Nice to shoot again with Jim Dick after 8 years. I enjoyed that -- and wished Ron Marabito was with us tonight.

Attachments

• Sunset1-26-13Qz(2).JPG
    Sunset1-26-13Qz(2).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Sunset1-26-13Qz(3).JPG
    Sunset1-26-13Qz(3).JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Sunset1-26-13Qz.JPG
    Sunset1-26-13Qz.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 40
I don't ever intend to compete with  Bob B, or Ray or Jim D or anyone  with serious photography issues but I did  point and click a bunch of photos during the Potluck and  dessert and final fire events.  Sorry Margi I can't put a name to each photo but maybe subjects will fess up to their names.

This turned out to be  wonderful day.  We are thankful to the rain gods for parting the skies so we could socialize and eat and do what RVForum Framily does! 

What a meal.  Terry did NOT need to go to Taco Mia following the Potluck!

These photos are in no particular order but all happened today 1/26/13. 
Will everyone else who took shots also please post them?

Attachments

• IMG_2396.JPG
    IMG_2396.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2400.JPG
    IMG_2400.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2401.JPG
    IMG_2401.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2403.JPG
    IMG_2403.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2404.JPG
    IMG_2404.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2409.JPG
    IMG_2409.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2412.JPG
    IMG_2412.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 57
Wait, There are more!

Attachments

• IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2418.JPG
    IMG_2418.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2425.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2428.JPG
    IMG_2428.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2433.JPG
    IMG_2433.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2438.JPG
    IMG_2438.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 50
Tom,

No, I did not bring out the Ukin. You haven't taught me how to play it yet.  ;D ;D I did, however, bring out the cameras and took photos of the sunset along with Bob, though he was several rigs away.

Attachments

• _MG_1994.jpg
    _MG_1994.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 43
  • _MG_0222.jpg
    _MG_0222.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 42
A big thanks Betty. Your photos are on their way to our photo gallery.

Ok...here are the boondocking "gems" given at Friday's potluck:

Jerry F:  "Instant off Water Saver"  can be purchased at Home Depot/Lowes/etc.  Attaches to the water faucet and has a long stem.  You move the stem side to side to turn on the water.  Remove you hand and the stem returns to center and shuts off the water.

Wendy:  Cleaning tissues bought for $1.00.  Be sure and clean from "top to bottom", if you get my drift.

Shirley:  Use perculator on stove for coffee instead of electric coffee maker.

Bill Dane:  purchase shelf milk which is good for quite a while.  It's called "Paramilk" and can be found in most grocery stores.

Helaine:  (very creative idea)  She pack things like macaroni and cheese/jello/pudding/instant foods in zip lock bags.  Remove items from their original boxes place as much as you can in the zip lock bags and store.  Be sure and cut directions out to go with products for cooking.

Here we diverted a bit.
Beth M.  use wooden mouse traps to keep mice out of the bays.

Randy:  came to rvforum to find out how to remove "pack rat".  Also mentioned rope lights laying on the ground to prevent mice from coming into RV.  Quickly added "be sure and come with full water tank and empty black and grey; reminding everyone that Jerry F. had come with nearly full black and grey tanks at a previous Quartzsite rally and needed to have a pump truck come relieve him.

Henry:  put bounce sheets inside to prevent mice from entering.

Now back on topic.

Ardra: Use paper towel to preclean items such as forks/spoons until you can actually wash them.  She added later that when the holding tanks are extremely full and close to over flowing, she puts "painter's tape" over the shower drain and some times the kitchen drain to prevent the tank from backing up into her shower or sink on the drive home or to the next stop.

Paul:  Use shower shut off while lathering up to prevent unused water from going down the drain.

Kathy (from Indiana):  solar powered reading lamp, stays charged for a long time.

Jeff:  special inverter for "CPAP" machine

Ray:  toilet "buttliner"  place in toilet bowl; is bio-degradable and prevents "streaks" in toliet

Unknown authors: 
  • tea kettle in oven with pilot on provides warm water
  • send your wife to the hair salon to have hair washed and styled
  • bring along a case of Crown Royal
  • catch water in shower and in sink while waiting for hot water to arrive
and FINALLY.....EAT OUT
Marsha~

Thanks for all the pictures, Betty.  You're a hearty bunch to carry on in the wet and cold.  I don't think I've ever seen Terry in a jacket before, not to mention shoes.

Margi

Sounds like you all had a great time.  I remember another pot luck that came out just as lucky as this one did.  Just around 3:00pm the clouds parted, the sun came out and almost as soon as the eating was over, the clouds moved in again, but we did have time for a chat session too.  It's the desert, and we never know what is happening from hour to hour, minute to minute. 

Randy:  came to rvforum to find out how to remove "pack rat". 
Wish we could have been there as we could have told you how to get rid of a pack rat.  Call Truly Nolan.  Pay them big bucks.  Then set your own electronic trap upstairs and that's how we caught ours.  I will say TN was not a waste as they sprayed disenfectant all over every where downstairs and Fred & I took care of the sanitizing the upstairs.  It was actually caught the day after TN had been there.  It was hiding somewhere, and we sure the smell of the sanitizing drove it upstairs where the surprise awaited.  We were lucky as far as damage.  Only thing we found was the insulation torn off the water heater where it made its nest.  No wires destroyed, which surprised us no end because wires are like candy to them.

Daisy

Marsha/CA said:
[/i]Ardra: Use paper towel to preclean items such as forks/spoons until you can actually wash them.
Ardra - Wait a minute here. Are you saying there is more to washing dishes than cleaning them off with a paper towel ???

#12 on line to dump, 53.5 minutes to the dump station. Wally & Helaine 3 behind us, Susan behind them.

Wendy

Your photos are on their way to our photo gallery.

Apologies, I didn't get to it last evening, but they're now in our photo gallery. Click the Photos button above, then click on the respective album to see thumbnail images. Click on a thumbnail to view a larger photo, and click again to view a full size image. I also added Wendy's and Jim's photos. Thanks again for taking and uploading the photos.

Aye Bob, I should have done it sooner.

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather; Hope that's not the desert yuck that always gets us.

Back
Top Bottom