2013 RV Forum QZ Rally activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was warmer last night I think. Set the furnace on 55 then at 72 at 5 so it was great when I got up at 6. Batteries reading 12.2 now at 7 with tv on. Life is good!

Thank you everybody for help.

Scott has been working for Paul at the Satellite Advantage booth the past couple of years.

Hey everyone,
I decided this morning (probably well before most of you woke up- haha) to head back down the Imperial Dam LTVA so I could visit with my niece and see her new baby for the first time. I had to go dump my tanks today anyway, so I figured might as well make a trip out of the ordeal.

It was great meeting everyone! I might head back up and check out the pot luck on Saturday.

Dave, I'm electing you to mow my lawn if it ever grows. Don't let Henry smoke the clippings. It won't work.

No need to leave the site vacant if anyone wants it. The property includes a lawn, a hummingbird feeder stand and a nice smooth spot for a patio rug- it won't last long!

Have a good one,

Bill

Sorry you left, Bill. I was looking forward to a demo of the solar cooker. Gordon says thanks for the grass :)

Please do come Saturday for the potluck.

Wendy

Jeff said:
Do you run them while you are sleeping?

No. 

If it is really cold out, we set the thermostat on the built-in heater to a low setting.  That way, some warm air will be routed to the underbelly to keep the water lines and holding tanks from freezing.

Jeannine

SCHEDULE CHANGE

DAILY
10 am Morning walk
4 pm Happy Hour

Wednesday
4 pm Luau Happy Hour

Thursday
10 am Four-Wheel-Drive trip

Saturday
2:30 pm Group pic
3:00 Potluck

I love the  10 am walk time.  It allows me lots of time for coffee prior to the walk.  Once again the  pace we kept,  pushed me beyond limits I would walk if alone! We chatted and almost took a shortcut but got back on track.  The walk was 40 minutes long, burning only 143 calories.  Ask Wendy for the  details.

Dave Brown was the generous and thoughtful contributor  of the FVForum  sign  directing  new arrivals to our spot.  Pictured walkers are  good sports for posing!

Attachments

• IMG_2213-001.JPG
    IMG_2213-001.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2215-001.JPG
    IMG_2215-001.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 76
For the number lovers (I started this at my coach and stopped it in front of Lucy's):

4459 steps
40 min 11 sec
2.143 miles
3.2 mph average speed
154.4 calories burned ... Not quite a glass of wine but a good start

A few pics from Happy Hour, Monday 1/21:

Edit (1/22): Added a pic of Ann.

Also wanted to mention that the resolution of these are averaging around 100KB - whereas coming from my camera are much higher. Plus I have a RAW format copy of each image.  If you want a copy of any of the larger res images let me know.

I "will" be posting a link with all the pics I take here if anyone wants to download them at the higher res.

Attachments

• HappyHour1-21.JPG
    HappyHour1-21.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Img_9715.jpg
    Img_9715.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 48
  • CokeAndABeer.JPG
    CokeAndABeer.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Mimi.JPG
    Mimi.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Sue.JPG
    Sue.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Susan.JPG
    Susan.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 54
  • TheDanesWDaughter.JPG
    TheDanesWDaughter.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Ann.JPG
    Ann.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 40
    For those at the forum rally that have an older  MH that has fiberglass [gelcoat] that was not clear coated .  My coach is in its 15th year in the sun and it has been a struggle for a while to keep looking good..  Have been reading about people using Red Max 3 from Lows or Zep Wet Floor look  from Home Depot and decided to try it on the roof [fiberglass] to see how it looked.  Was very impressed so decided to do the front cap.  That led to doing the rear cap , then the rest of the coach.  It has been  6 months now and 5,000+ miles through rain, sleet and snow.  The parts that have Zep applies look very good.  If you care to see it, it is the Country Coach Allure  west of the happy hour circle with South Dakota plates.

Bill Dane  99 CC  Allure

Staff edit: Remove excessive white space

Yesterday afternoon Wendy and I watched Bill going up and down a ladder wiping the QZ dust of his Country Coach. He's really proud of that shine. ;D

We thought he should have done his neighbors' rigs while he was at it.

Jeff,
    I told Doug next to me that I needed to try something new.  He threatened me with body harm if I came near his NEW fifth wheel carrying a bucket and mop  [humor].

The sunrise this morning on the desert was beautiful.  Looked like the sky was on fire.

Bill Dane    99 CC  Allure

Bill,

On my American Dream, they only clear coated the portion of the cap from roof level down. Most of it was left unsealed. I finally put the floor finish on it and am very happy with the results. I did notice I have a little more flaking occuring so will have to address that when we get back home.

Here is the morning sunrise. I missed it at its peak. :(

Attachments

• QZ Sunrise.jpg
    QZ Sunrise.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 57
It certainly was a beautiful sunrise this morning. I watched it out my bedroom window without getting out of bed, then rolled over and went back to sleep.

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom