2013 RV Forum QZ Rally activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What good news, Richard and Linda. All of the frustrating time spent looking and negotiating has paid off! If you need any help in moving all your stuff or with anything else, just let me know and I'll get Frank, Terry, Jeff and a bunch of others down to your rig as quickly as possible.

With a diamond that big I would be anyone's partner. Lots of fun here. Dave & Marilyn kept us out
almost to midnight. 
  Was glad to meet all the first timers, last year Margaret and I was a first timer and just loved the desert. We will be heading to Death Valley after we depart here and back to Texas around the middle of Feb. Might even stop in Big Bend for a few days.

Pat D.  came with her Florida rules! Since neither  Chris nor Mimi could recall  rules we last played, Pat 's rules prevailed!

Oh heaven forbid.....Florida Mexican rules!!  :eek: ....I'm coming....I'm coming.

Just talked to Betty this morning  to say we are in Palm Springs and are coming in this afternoon.  I'm all confused because I thought the Luau was today, Thursday.  What do I know?

It spit rain early this morning here; I'm hoping this passes through QZ quickly. 

Ok which end of the campground is the "sick bay"?  We need to stay way away from it.  Tim and I are just now good after a long bout with the flu and the nasty cough.

AZ Randy, I always knew you were an organizer!

See you all soon.

Linda and Richard, can't wait to see the new rig.  Wahoo!

Marsha~

Betty Brewer said:
So do you recall all of the names during the introductions?  Do you wish you were here?

WE do!!  Lots of people we have never met along with some long time friends.  Notice I did not say "old".  :)

What would I expect to find in Quartzite if  there on or  around the 29th of this month? Would the place be dead, or will there still be some stuff going on?

-Don-  SSF, CA

Marsha - The sick end of the rally is at the opposite end from where you usually park.

The Luau was scheduled for Thursday but was switched to Wednesday so the 4WD run could be on Thursday.

Friday Happy Hour is "bring a boondocking tip" day. You should be able to get more for your article!

Don't hold your breath on the rain passing thru. Looks like 2 or 3 days of rain, depending on which weather app you believe. Prayer to the rain gods - NO RAIN ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON.

See you later today. Don't forget that Arizona is on Mountain Standard Time so it's an hour later than California.

Wendy

DonTom said:
What would I expect to find in Quartzite if  there on or  around the 29th of this month? Would the place be dead, or will there still be some stuff going on?

-Don-  SSF, CA

Quartzsite won't be dead at the end of January. It won't be as busy as it is this week but the regular vendors will still be there and there's another event in the big tent late January / early February.

Wendy

Today was the 4X4 drive on The ridge. I wrote about this one back in 1997. It's still quite a ride! Chris talked me into driving his Jeep. I agreed since I have not been behind the wheel on an off road trip for 8 years! Now he wants me to fix the AZ pinstriping on the car.  ;D ;D

Attached are photos of the happy hour fire and the pinstriping.

Attachments

• Happy Hour Fire.JPG
    Happy Hour Fire.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 66
  • AZ Pinstriping.JPG
    AZ Pinstriping.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 61
    Donna and I wish we were there too, although neither of us miss the thought of chauffeuring Tim and Marsha on the 4 wheel trip.  That was the first time I heard the term Arizona Pinstripe, and who knew that tire had a different tread pattern in the west, to replace the new tire that I put a rock through the sidewall.  We do miss you all, and miss being at all the Rallies.
    But we do wish we were there to give Barb her birthday bumps tomorrow, so you all will have to do so for us.  OK all together: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARB.

Donna and Ed

Wendy said:
Enjoying watching the Brewers' new flagpole light out my window.

It's kind of ironic isn't it that  I  can't see it at all unless I walk outside.  I  did  so enjoy watching the light when it was on Ray and Liza's  rig. I  hadn't considered that  I could not see it on my own rig.  Glad you are enjoying it Wendy.

Driving in Friday morning from Phoenix- left from Indiana , had to spend some time with vet for one of the dogs-but all is good-anxious to me those who have been at this for a while- Ron +Kathy

ArdraF said:
How about IMG_2261-001.JPG in reply 250?  Maybe the diamond clinches it!  ::)

ArdraF
Ardra
I am APALLED ! I thought that with your army-brat background, you would have been an ardent supporter of the "don't ask, don't tell" philosophy. .....and FYI, the diamond was not from Hank !  :D

Ron and Kathy, Looking forward to meeting you. Happy Hour is at 4 pm with Boondocking Tips and Hints as the evening's subject (along with eating and drinking).

Wendy

In hindsight, I wish I had spent some more girl-time. Did really enjoy our trip to the Gem & Mineral Show. (If you haven't been, GO! That is the reason for Quartzsite.)
Next year, I plan to at least ask if anyone is interested in a chat, knitting circle, cards or whatever on some afternoons - in my trailer if the breeze is as it was this year. We used to sit out in the afternoon and visit and even learn something once in a while. Wendy taught us geocaching one time and I came home and made a cache that is still active.

Thanks Jim & Jerry for the help in packing me off. It rained all the way home. Glad to hear the 4-wheelers didn't flood away in a wash!

Ed,
Thanks for the B'day wish. I treated myself to a slice of carrot cake last nite. My favorite. I was thinking of how much it would cost me to rent a hall, to put all these people in for a party.

How cool is this, a outdoor party with free food, and framily. Great Fun. Who could ask for anything better.

There was a pink sunrise this morning. It's gonna be a great day.

Back
Top Bottom