2013 RV Forum QZ Rally activities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Barb,

Happy Birthday and may you have many more.  We miss you and look forward to seeing  both of you sometime this year.

Lucy, you snuck out in the dead of night, which left me feeling betrayed when I went down to help you pack up and found that you were gone. You let someone else help you after promising me. I don't know that I'll be able to trust you again in the future if you say that you'll let me help and then just leave me without a word of farewell. I may not even let you dress me for future Forum events.

Happy birthday, Barb, and a wish for many many more.

And after trying in vain to have Chris and Mimi sit here while the bad weather passes before heading home, this morning has had a sad beginning in experiencing their departure and the, possible, end of an era. What a joy the two of them have been to me in my short time with the framly. You two will be greatly missed and I look forward to seeing you whenever I have the chance to visit the San Francisco area. Travel safely and know that you will always be thought of with great love and admiration.

Here are a few shots of the 5 rigs that followed Terry out on his famous " Ridge Run."  All were experienced trail drivers on this run so we had no leaking tires, no flats, no tugs, no do overs, no whining, no tears.  Just plain fun despite pretty chilly temps in high 50's with an ever  pending chance of rain.

Jim and Terry had  pre run the  trail the day before so we did not even get lost and lose anyone this time!

Attachments

• IMG_2284-001.JPG
    IMG_2284-001.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2287-001.JPG
    IMG_2287-001.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2294-001.JPG
    IMG_2294-001.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2297-001.JPG
    IMG_2297-001.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2308-001.JPG
    IMG_2308-001.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2315-001.JPG
    IMG_2315-001.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2322-001.JPG
    IMG_2322-001.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 52
Randy,
I waited for you but when those 2 came along, I grabbed them. I guess my idea of not too early and yours are different - I get up about 5 if I sleep in!
You are not off the hook, I will always remember your offer of help!!

More 4 wheel photos.  Takes a while on this connection to post so bear with me.  Plus it was time for the  10 am walk and I had to  go!

Attachments

• IMG_2331-001.JPG
    IMG_2331-001.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2337-001.JPG
    IMG_2337-001.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2343-001.JPG
    IMG_2343-001.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2359-001.JPG
    IMG_2359-001.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2368-001.JPG
    IMG_2368-001.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2283-001.JPG
    IMG_2283-001.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 53
Looks like they filled in the area a bit where Sunshine almost went turtle last year. Doesn't it look as steep. Or is that just because I'm not there worrying ?

I have pictures of the hardy group that gathered for happy hour this evening, if I can figure out how to get them off the camera. There were lots of good boondocking tips offered while standing around the fire in N Arizona 6" rain.

Wendy

Terry's rain gauge measures  .02 of an inch of rain. Got me  kinda wet and yucky and it did a number on the Ritz crackers for Happy Hour.  While the hardy souls were telling their boon docking tips, I failed to remember this one, so add it to Marsha's list.

The  "gadget of the show" was this whip like whisk thing that make frothy milk suitable for lattes.  I  planned one for this morning's breakfast treat. When I poured my 1/4 cup of milk into the cup to whip up into the whip cream, the milk smelled kinda sour, so I simply added sugar to it and topped it with  cinnamon. Poured the cup of hot black coffer over it.  The froth came to top and  Voila, no sour milk! Terry said this was a good boon docking tip.  We are very good at boon docking!

But Helaine wins for best packing into a small space!  Hands down.

Wendy said:
Looks like they filled in the area a bit where Sunshine almost went turtle last year. Doesn't it look as steep. Or is that just because I'm not there worrying ?

Wendy,
It may have been filled in a bit  and the  angle of my shot does not show the steepness nor difficulty  of the grade.  I think it was  pretty bad and maybe just as bad as last year.  We were glad Sunshine did not have to make the  try again and again.  It  saved your nerves too.  You didn't need this event  " this year."

suezek said:
My goal this year in Quartzsite is to buy a great yard flamino. Maybe one with battery operated LED lights.

I never found a Flamingo I thought suitable for  my decor but I did see the " When Pigs Fly" metal sculpture you described across from Burger King!

Are you guys talking about the solar LED flamingo that's on a rod and they have hummingbirds and butterflies, too? Saw them yesterday while we were shopping. If it's something else, then never mind.

Wendy

Barb said:
There was a pink sunrise this morning. It's gonna be a great day.
  ???

Hope you had a great birthday Barb and didn't get too wet.  But you've got the color of the sky wrong. 

Old sailors ditty:  Red sky in the morning , sailors take warning.
                            Red sky at night, sailors delight.      ;)

Hope you had a good one.  :) :) :)

Daisy

Richard and Linda:

Congratulations on you new RV and lots of wonderful travels in it. :) :) :)  Can't wait to see it.  Maybe on one of our trips to Tucson VA which are coming up soon.  :( :( :(

Daisy

Well what Wendy's happy hour in the rain photos fail to show is  just HOW  many of us there were out there in the mist  aka rain.  (Sorry Frank and Barb when you called we were hunkered down in rig)  Then plans changed and we saw lots of  Quartzsite RVForum  friends out there in the rain!

Framily offered umbrellas to one another and all  but ya just had to be there!  Nothing like the lightening and wind storms of years past but an event for sure!  Henry makes a mean fire and it kept us warm.

While we offered our dry camping tips we awaited Tim and Marsha's friend from So Cal.  It is now 8:14 AZ time and we see they have just pulled in.  It is raining, it is their first time dry camping.  We are  wishing them well.

Chris and Mimi made it to Bakersfield and Russ is home in Surprise AZ. 

Good night all.
BB

While we offered our dry camping tips we awaited Tim and Marsha's friend from So Cal.  It is now 8:14 AZ time and we see they have just pulled in.  It is raining, it is their first time dry camping.  We are  wishing them well.

Sounds like that old saw "trial by fire" doesn't it.  Actually it will give them lots of memories of their first boondocking trip.  Hope they have sun tomorrow!

Glad the framily who left today are all tucked in for the night.

ArdraF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom