fifth wheel with two double bunks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CricketW

Hello!  First timer here to your forum and I was hoping that someone out here could help us on a fifth wheel hunt.  We are looking for a fifth wheel with two double bunks plus a seperate queen for mom and dad.  We now have a 32 ft pull-behind trailer that has the perfect sleeping arrangements (two bedrooms on opposite sides of the trailer!) but we would like to upgrade to one with slides for the extra room.  The fifth wheel style is very appealing.  I've been trying to do some research on the internet and have found some with two bunks or a triple bunk but none with two double bunks so I figured I'd post this question here in the hopes that someone out there knows if there even is such a thing and if so, where to find it.  Thanks in advance!  -- Cricket W.

CricketW,

Welcome to the RV Forum Framily.  We are glad to see you found us.  Some of the Framily have 5th wheels and will very likely be able to give you some information.  Please Join in any of the ongoing discussions or start a new discussion.

Oops! Looks like I posted under the wrong heading!  Let's see if I can make my way down to the trailer and fifth wheel section!  Sorry! ;)

Not a problem Cricket. I've moved the topic here for you.

Cricket,

We are also in the market for a fifth wheel bunk house.  After looking at a bunch of differant layouts and makes, I think that we have narrowed it down to the Cougar 314EFS.  I have 3 young kids and we wanted something to accomidate them and also provide some extra room.  The Cougar layout was brought to my attention by someone on another forum site that had 3 kids.  He said that they remove the lower oversized matress (which is at carpet level) and throw a couple of bean bags back there for the kids to use as their hang-out when needed.  It also allows for storage of their luggage, which most bunk layouts dont have much of.

http://keystone-cougar.com/index.html

The trailer also has a Polar package which includes a retractable bike rack/platform, outdoor shower, laundry "chute", rear storage, to name a few.  We are still looking though, but its getting warm pretty fast up here, so we are going to have to decide soon!!

I have  been tying to find a used one, but everyone that I find costs more than what I can get a new one for!!

GoodLuck :)

We were looking at 5ers today, and my wife insisted on checking bunk house models in case our G-kids go with us..  Seeing as how they live 500+ miles away, that will not be that often.  Howevr, 2 31' models from Gulfstream looked good.  both had single upper and wide lower, but also a wide floor bunk.  Conceivably 5 kids worth of sleeping.  (he hit me first...  )

What I could see as a possibility is by modifying the middle bunk, I could slip in a radio room for the time when it wasn't a bunk.  Puts it away from sleeping wife, and enclosable to hide mess.  Also good access to rear of unit for antenna possibilities.  One, I think a Sedona, had a neat storage room behind i accessible from outside.  Good for all the extra stuff.

I hope I dont step on any toes here, but I got some good info from another forum before I found your site and there is a lot of bunkhouse related info to be found on the link below.? The topic is "advice on a layout for kids, which bunkhouse is best"? I posted it on 01FE.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/14978934.cfm

good Luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom