SCS Frigette keyless entry to the new Trimark system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1bigbear

My 2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD came equipped with the SCS/Frigette system which is no longer available. It has slowly been failing using the remote key fobs. Could not lock compartments and at time when locking the door, the compartments would unlock. I found Winnebago is now using a system from Trimark as there are no parts available for the SCS system. I have contacted both Trimark and Winnebago as well as Lichtsinn about this.

All parts required can be had from Winnebago/Lichtsinn to convert to the new system. Part numbers, description and price follows.

1. 176367-03-000        Trimark control unit with 2 programed fobs.    $178.20
2. 176356-01-000        Winnebago interface cable                          $109.85
3. 063912-02-000        Relays, 2 required.                                      $$9.45 each

I have talked to Eric Wickstrom (new products engineer) at Trimark who recommended the following which they supply to Winnebago as the replacement.

1. 28554-01              Control unit with 2 programed fobs                  $100.00
2. 19269-01              Relays, 2 required                                          $5.99 each
3. He STRONGLY  recommends getting the interface cable from Winnebago.
4. There is another module pn 22316-02 available that comes with a 2 ft pigtail for easy splicing on every connector except the keypad connector.

As I have a "service plan" with a $100 deductible, I had a local service center install it. If any problems it would be their problem. This comes out much less expensive for me. After the installation I see how quick and easy it is and will try to attach a picture. The SCS system is removed, only 2 connectors plugged into the Winnebago chassis wiring. Mounting was in the same location. The new wiring assembly is connected to the new module at 3 points and the 2 relays and relay harness are mounted. The remaining the remaing 2 harness connectors are plugged into the Winnebago coach wiring.

When I return home I will remove and reinstall the system in a different location. The cabinet and bay provide too much RF shielding for good operation. The antenna wire is approximately 30 inches long and is connected to the internal antenna in the module.. It was left loose in the cabinet and range was not good. Erick @ Trimark recommended that the module be relocated outside of the cabinet and service bay suggesting that everything be routed up thru the top of the cabinet into the area under the drivers left foot where there are many other cables in an access opening in the floor. The original chassis pigtail with 2 connectors  will reach near the top opening of the cabinet. The Winnebago interface cable is 43" per Winnebago and appears to be long enough to come down thru the floor and plug in. Then the module and 2 relays can be mounted at that location.

Thanks for the post Vern. I am nearing the point of replacement myself. Do I understand correctly that the $100 module is the same as the Winnie one for $179, just sourced directly from Trimark?

Pictures would be great when you get the chance.

Hey Vern - welcome aboard!  Thanks for a great post!

I'll be updating my SCS Frigette keyless entry system sometime this spring - I'll document the process.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom