Disney World photos - part one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I have been at Disney World for a week now and I have one more week to go so I thought I would post a few photos. I will post a review of the park and the campground after I leave. The last photo shows just how empty it is here. 18 rows in the queue and only 3 of them are being used. And this is a popular ride in the middle of the afternoon. I have been walking on most rides without much of a wait, ten minutes max. Feb is a great time of year to be here. Great weather, no crowds, cheapest campground rates.

Attachments

• 1 Cindy's Castle.jpg
    1 Cindy's Castle.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 1 Hollywood Tower.jpg
    1 Hollywood Tower.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 1 Tom and Princess Merida.jpg
    1 Tom and Princess Merida.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 1 Wizard scene.jpg
    1 Wizard scene.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 1 Fireworks 1.jpg
    1 Fireworks 1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 1 T-Rex in the Ice Cave.jpg
    1 T-Rex in the Ice Cave.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 1 Blue and Gold Macaw.jpg
    1 Blue and Gold Macaw.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 1 Nemo.jpg
    1 Nemo.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 1 Snow White.jpg
    1 Snow White.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 1 Birdbrain Walt.jpg
    1 Birdbrain Walt.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 1 Blue and Gold Macaw.jpg
    1 Blue and Gold Macaw.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 1 Empty park.jpg
    1 Empty park.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 62
Great shots, as expected!  Having the park so uncrowded sure makes it more enjoyable and you can accompish so much more in a day.  We've been there several times but never in these conditions.  Also sounds like the weather is fine for you.  Hope you enjoy your second week.

Conquest aka Robert said:
Great pictures. Now I know when to plan our next trip.
I started planning this trip in August. There are websites that list the crowd size for every week of the year. January and the first two weeks of February are among the lowest of the year. That means the lowest rates on the campground and hotel rooms. The downside is the weather can be nasty in February. I have been lucky so far. But most the year it is way too hot and humid for me so I would prefer it colder to hotter. Also there are some attractions down for maintenance. The water park Blizzard Beach is closed, but the other water park is open so no big deal. The only attractions that are closed right now are Kali River Rapids and American Experience. But there is so much to see and do here a couple of rides being closed are not a big deal at all. 

Are in the wilderness? I would have to be there NO TOAD beside the fact our regular driver is a 15 passenger express van no way am I towing it. ::)

I am at Fort Wilderness and I have no toad, but I don't really need one since the buses go every where I want to go for free. Except T-mobile so I can get my phones fixed.

Can you post some pics from around the CG. ;D I'm really intrested in pics of how the sites are setup. The kids well you know kids if its got Mickey in the shot is AWESOME. The last time we went was in Nov 05 not bad leaving coming home it snowed very intresting in a RV. That would be my only issue if we got a late winter storm like the east is getting.

I have not taken any shots of the campground yet. All you have to do is go to Google, click on Images and type in Fort Wilderness campsites and you will get a ton of great shots. This place is the ultimate campground. It makes every other campground I have ever been in seem like dirt. And this place is probably bigger than every other campground I have ever been in put together. Seriously. They could put Disneyland in here four times and still have 60 acres left over. Three separate bus lines operate in the campground. It takes about 15 minutes to ride from one end to the other. 

Back
Top Bottom