Itasca Horizon slide out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie Ekberg

If you were tired of dirty old carpet, you might try this:

Attachments

• DSC01968.JPG
    DSC01968.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 118
Yes, I've been following this one on your Yahoo page, as I also have a Horizon of similar vintage.  The prior owner recovered the floor with a wood-look laminate, but left the carpet on the slide.  My model has the kitchen slide, so not as much dirty old carpet.  Someday I'll get adventurous and replace the laminate with an engineered hardwood, but probably not for a couple years.

Nice work!

Hi John, it is an 01 Model. Has street booth/couch slide and bedroom closet slide on street. It was a very intense install as both ends of forward slide dipped lower then the rest of it. Owner made some adjustments and i knew I wasn't going to put a wrench on it. I had to redeck it with 1/2 plywood and some shims. I post this in case someone else wants to do it and I can help out.

We're still kicking around getting rid of the carpet/ceramic tile mix and going full laminate of some sort.  I suppose you would need a flush cutting ceramic saw to cut the tile next to a bulkhead?  Is there such a thing?

Our carpet is starting to look shopworn - hard to believe the coach will be eight years old this May.

John, I use a Dremel with a diamond wheel. It makes nice cuts and I use 2 vacuums to get a lot of the dust- not all the dust. Sometimes, clients want to keep ceramic in the private bath and I just cut under where the door hangs.

Ernie:

What does the edge look like with the slide retracted?

Jeff- the trim is a stair nose and everything looks great when retracted. If the coach was still here, I'd take some more photos.

While I do have a Fein Multimaster, I prefer the small Dremel with the diamond blade to cut tight against the walls. Its' easier to control- well, for this old man~

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom