Passed the age test Wheee!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carolyn,
Just a nice little tip for you and this works every time, just before you get ready to get the pins out, get behind the steering wheel and turn the wheel as far as it will allow you to the right and then to the left. For some reason this helps to unlock it.

Marie.

Marsha,
Talk to the other staff members about placing a "Like" button on the comments. I liked the answer to your question on how old was your MH. Laugh for the day.

I will sure try that, turn left and right huh.  I've tried pulling back or going forward a tad, nothing helped and I just carry a hammer.  I've not seen anyone else unhitch so don't know if its just me or not.  Should I grease those pins??

Sue Anne was all ready to go to the flea market this morning.  I'm dressed, she went to the bedroom and went back to sleep.  It's cool and quiet here today, just beautiful.  But if we are going to go we need to before it gets cold tonight the wind is blowing.

I have awnings over each window but don't have them out.  My big awning rolls out but Tom said the button on the end you click to reverse so it won't roll up isn't working, another fix, so I don't put it out.  I don't really think it would be a big deal to get fixed and thought about getting the mobile repair guy out here to do it next week. Anyone know if its a big fix or not, don't want to get into big repairs here.  I can't use it now to windy but it would be nice to use later.

No need to grease the pins; You'll just get grease all over yourself each time to hook up and unhook. I used to the do the 'hammer & punch' thing until I read about turning the steering wheel to release the tension  :-[

Tom said:
No need to grease the pins; You'll just get grease all over yourself each time to hook up and unhook. I used to the do the 'hammer & punch' thing until I read about turning the steering wheel to release the tension  :-[
I haven't had to try the steering wheel turning trick, but I can picture the rear of the MH doing a waggle by turning the steering wheel back and forth and that ought to do it.

[quote author=Molaker]... I can picture the rear of the MH doing a waggle by turning the steering wheel back and forth ...[/quote]

???  No wiggle/waggle on the coach, just the front wheels of the toad  ;)

Tom said:

I spray a dry silicone on my pins and into the ends of the towbar to ease the removal. It seems to make a big difference for my rig. Depending on the amount of rain and numuber of miles the towbar arms and pins tend to get harder to move. I use WD40 and paper towels to clean them and then when they're dried off again, I spray it all with the silicone. No mess, but less friction when pulling pins and sliding the arms back in. The dry silicone doesn't seem to attract dirt and grime either.

ken

This issue went away completely when I bought an all-terrain tow bar  ;)

I've got to figure out a way to wear out this tow bar before I get a new one.  :D

I've got to figure out a way to wear out this tow bar before I get a new one.

I solved that problem by backing out of a campsite into a wall that wasn't there when I pulled in  :-[

Tom said:
I solved that problem by backing out of a campsite into a wall that wasn't there when I pulled in  :-[
Don't you just hate it when they do stuff like that?  They haven't built any walls behind me, but they have set posts and grown trees.

This is a different kind of age.  But there was a 91 year old lady driving a class C out here and her husband.  He says I don't drive but he was helping her hook up the tow car.  Yes, she even tows! It was probably in the  25 or 27 ft range or something but no matter, that was something to see.  She sure looked good for 91, I just couldn't believe it.  Wow!

I'll keep that one in mind Tom. I'd love to have a new all terrain tow bar, maybe that's my ticket.

Ken

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom