My next boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[quote author=Tom]... someone always has bigger boat[/quote]

A friend took a couple of shots of us passing a cruise ship as we entered Cruiseport Marina in Ensenada. It made our 51' LOA look like a small duck waddling by. From an earlier topic:

Attachments

• Passing_cruise_ship.jpg
    Passing_cruise_ship.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Passing_cruise_ship2-1.jpg
    Passing_cruise_ship2-1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 34
Tom that's but a dingy for that ship!  No really you have a very nice boat there and not that small at all!

Some (unverified) numbers tossed out on TV for the Eclipse:

Cost:  $1.2B
Annual expense:  $50M
One fill of fuel:  $650,000

Tom, Nice boat,

Like everyone I have the urge for "2 foot more". A couple of feet more for the Sea Ray Cruiser, a couple of foot more for the RV or maybe a extra slide, maybe a few more horsepower on the airplane.... Good thing I have the wife to knock some sense in to my head. To quote my bride of 37 years, "I should have killed you in your sleep years ago" to which I reply, and you would have missed out on such a wild ride!  ;D

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.?
― Mae West

Someone mentioned that you wouldn't be able to waterski behind this boat.  I guessing you could surf its wake. 

In the photo world we only wish for 100mm longer in lens.  I did the boat thing, did the RV thing, I still want a 500mm prime. 

Of course. 
Which 200-500?  Sigma or Tamron?

Guessing Tamron.  but if the Sigma, I totally understand, that lens weighs 37 pounds! 

The Canon 500mm is "only" a little over $10K. Why not just go for the 800mm at bit over $13K instead (and a crane to hold it maybe, at 9.9 lbs.).

Back
Top Bottom