FMCA Rally Lazy Days Tucson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well back from shopping, took a lot out of me.  Well my checking account anyway.  We bought a 42" Vizio.  Looked at everything there, tempted by the 3d, but while it is cool, there are only so many movies we watch, and that needed the 3d blu-ray.    Got a regular blu-ray, I guess it was time.  Our son gave us a couple extra dvd's he got wen he bought the 3d versions.  Testing system with the Cirque de Soleil World we watched on 3d the other night.  My DVR is not HD, so we are fine.

Now to find what Dakota got.

This is our last day at Lazydays. We leave tomorrow and will travel to Camp Verde to visit with Don & Peg before continuing our trip north to Yellowstone.

I'm a little sad to leave Tucson as there is so much to see and do in the area. We did quite a bit and I have attached photos of San Xavier del Bac, the White Dove in the desert. It is a Spanish Mission that was founded in 1692.

Attachments

• San Xavier del Bac.JPG
    San Xavier del Bac.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Main Alter.JPG
    Main Alter.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Side Alcove.JPG
    Side Alcove.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Native Influence.JPG
    Native Influence.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Interior Decorations.jpg
    Interior Decorations.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Sunset over San Xavier.JPG
    Sunset over San Xavier.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Night Lights.jpg
    Night Lights.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 12
Yesterday we decided to visit the first Spanish Mission in Arizona at Tumacacori. Both of these trips were with Pancake Bill and Jolene. Here are a few photos of the Mission that was founded in 1691. It is not in current use but they do celebrate two Masses each year, one of which is held outside due to the large number of people attending.

Attachments

• Tumacacari Mission.jpg
    Tumacacari Mission.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Bell Tower.jpg
    Bell Tower.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Mission Interior.JPG
    Mission Interior.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 11
  • Original Paintings.jpg
    Original Paintings.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 11
  • O'Odham dwelling.jpg
    O'Odham dwelling.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Mission through Arch.jpg
    Mission through Arch.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 13
Marie,

It was great to meet you and Chuck. Wish we had more time to visit. If you ever get to Yellowstone, be sure to look us up.

Thanks for the invite to Spring Branch. At least we know how to get there. :D :D

The 3 day rally that never ends.  :p

As usual Jim, great pictures.  When we made our plans to be here at Lazydays this month, we didn't even know about the rally.  We ended up getting a couple of day passes to the rally, and spending money getting the see-level gauges installed.  We also met a lot of nice people while we were here including those of this forum.  It was wonderful to meet everyone and hope to see all of you in the near future.  Some of you we will see soon either in Moab, or when we visit Yellowstone.

Jim, Pat, Bill and Jolene - have a safe trip!  We will be leaving next weekend for Flagstaff.  I like the current temps here in Tucson, and am not looking forward to the 15 degree drop facing us.  We are looking forward to the beautiful scenery we've heard so much about though.

Larry,

It was great to meet you and Kathy. Glad we could spend a little time together. I, too, hated to leave Tucson as there is so much to do. We are in Camp Verde and the temps are still very warm. Maybe it won't be so bad when you reach Flagstaff! 

We'll see you in Yellowstone soon.

Camp Verde was indeed very warm, but the overnight we had about 2 inches of snow!  I found it hard to believe as well, it likely won't last long.  Probably only until you check the date today.

PancakeBill said:
Camp Verde was indeed very warm, but the overnight we had about 2 inches of snow!  I found it hard to believe as well, it likely won't last long.  Probably only until you check the date today.

A cold day in...  ::) ;D

Back
Top Bottom