Need recommendations for summer trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blue66

I am needing campground recommendations for Gardiner Montana, West Yellowstone and Glacier National Park.  I will probally stay outside of the parks but I am not certain.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone is very nice. http://www.grizzlyrv.com/
It's in town but not in the thick of things... I would say walking distance. And it's also near the park entrance.
We love that area. Have a great trip!

Alisa

Grizzly in West Yellowstone, West Glacier KOA on west side of Glacier and Johnson's in St Mary on the east side. Can't help you with Gardiner...never stayed there.

We stayed at Henrys Lake State Park.  http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Henrys_Lake_State_Park/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=ID&parkId=315062

blue66 said:
...I am needing campground recommendations for Gardiner Montana...

There is one commercial park in Gardiner and another just North of town between the highway and the river. RV Parks in Gardiner

There is a National Forest campground Eagle Creek Campground just North of Gardiner on the road to Jardine. The Park Service has a first come first serve campground at Mammoth not far from the North entrance.

You're making me wish I was planning another trip west! In Aug. 2012 we stayed at Rocky Mtn RV Park in Gardiner. It was within walking distance to main st. stores etc. It's a small cg with no privacy between sites but fine since it's so close to YNP entrance and I would assume that's what you're there for! Park sets on a hillside so be sure to request a site on top. Not much in the town-the Yellowstone association store was nice and you must do a rafting trip on the Yellowstone River. Several companies to chose from-we did a paddle & saddle with Montana Raft Co and it was fantastic! It was our first time and we will def go again. Some folks recommended a pizza place in Gardiner (Outlaw's) my opinion-nothing special, don't go out of your way. It was just so-so. I might be a chef & know good NY pizza, but we are easy to please when camping and this just didn't do it. As far as Glacier NP-we did Columbia Falls RV Park in Columbia,MT It was small with no privacy barriers between sites but again, you're not there for the cg but for the NP. Swimming and bb hoops were down the street at a public park. The cg was clean and well kept on the outskirts of the village. The hosts were lovely and the showers / laundry room were spotless. You must be checked in by 7 pm so the early risers going to Glacier are not disturbed. The entrance to Glacier is about a 20 min drive as I recall. We did a red bus tour and really enjoyed it. The Going to the Sun road is breathtaking-took hundreds of photos and Glacier is one of my favorite NP of the 12 or so that we've visited. Enjoy, I hope this helps a bit! ;D

If you want more recommendations of things to see, let us know as there are many places in MT besides the parks, Beartooth Highway, the site of the 7th Cavalry/ Custer battle and many more.

So far I have reserved 2 nights in custer state park (Lake Sylvan), 7 nights at Grizzly campground in west yellowston and 3 nights at the West Glacier KOA.  Thanks for all of the responses so far.

blue66 said:
So far I have reserved 2 nights in custer state park (Lake Sylvan), 7 nights at Grizzly campground in west yellowston and 3 nights at the West Glacier KOA.  Thanks for all of the responses so far.

You won't be disappointed with any of them.

Back
Top Bottom