Excellent video on composition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I just watched a video on composition that was recommended on my photograph forum. It is an hour long and well worth the effort no matter what your skill level is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHMuK7Htic

And the guy is pretty funny too.

Thanks for posting that link Tom. I'm approx a third of the way through, and had to take a break; Movies and videos send me to sleep, even when they feature an entertaining speaker like this guy.

Very nice, Tom -- I just got a chance this morning to watch it, and it's great. Even the stuff I "knew" he fleshed out so much, and gave a different perspective on, it's as if I didn't know it at all.

Tom,

I enjoyed the video.  He is quite entertaining.  I thought his ending was interesting and I agree with him 100%.

Thanks for posting it.

I agree with him 99%. The last part where he was saying the most people don't pay enough attention to subject matter. That is just about all I pay attention to. Subject matter is number one when you are looking for critters to shoot. I see hundreds of birds every day but only photograph the handful that look interesting to me.

Since I am not a landscape photographer I pretty much don't notice beautiful vistas.

I was out shooting the other day and every time I stopped to shoot something I heard his voice in my head saying "Work it, work it." Of course I have been doing that since college. I did like the fact he mentioned repeating subjects and having one that is different. I found an interesting brick wall and got a nice shot of the wall paying attention to his suggestion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom