Dometic refrigerator too cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkmurray

We have a 2006 Forest River Rockwood TT 2601 with a Dometic refrigerator/freezer. The slide on the cooling fin is down as far as it can go, and the refrigerator is still cold enough to freeze a water bottle. How do I increase the temperature in the refrigerator while keeping the freezer cold enough to freeze?
Thanks!

Jenny, new TT owner

Hi Jenny,

If you look in the refer at the top rear you will see the cooling fins. On the right side you will see a clip on one of the fins. The clip has a wire coming from it. If you slide the clip off of the fin that it is on, and move it to the left a few fins, that should lower the temp inside the refer box.

Move it about 2 fins then check the temp after a few hours. If it is still too cold, move the clip a few more fins left. If the temps are too warm, move the clip back to the right.

If the sensor on the fin is broken, i.e. sends no reading to the controller borad, the unit will operate on "maximum cool". Could be a bad thermistor or a broken wire.

SargeW: I have the same reefer but mine is a 2015 model and has no wire attached to temp. adjuster.  Move it to left on fins to warm anyway?  retired CW3 US Army Jim Cash

Hi Jim, the adjustment should work the same. Although I have never  seen a temp adjuster without a wire, I guess it's possible. I haven't had a gas refer in quite a while and haven't kept up with any changes in their technology. Just the same I would check with Atwood and make sure that it isn't supposed to have a wire attached.

Thanks Sarge, I have no clue how it can adjust temp. with a plastic slider!  I'm an Electronic Eng, and don't get it either.
Having problems finding the post icon (send) on the forum for replys to you for some reason.  Chief

Back
Top Bottom