rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Sam's Camp Minnie Rally  (Read 26299 times)

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
Sam's Camp Minnie Rally
« on: July 18, 2006, 12:19:06 AM »
The minnie rally at Sam's Camp began today with the arrival of Smoky and Sharon.   We had also expected Liz and Jack to arrive shortly after but South of Roundup they were turned  around back to Billings due to a fire that had crossed the road.  Amazing Smoky had traveled the same route around two earlier and seen no sign of the fire.  Jack and Liz are expected tomorrow and are spending the night in Billings.  We are looking forward to their arrival.

Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Sam's Camp Minnie Rally
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 10:27:17 AM »
Ron:

Sorry we can't make it but we will just have to continue being exposed to the loow 70's temperatures of Puget Sound.  ;D ;D

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 11:17:56 AM »
Ron:

Sorry we can't make it but we will just have to continue being exposed to the loow 70's temperatures of Puget Sound.  ;D ;D
Isn't it raining there?  Or did you luck out ad arrive the week or so they have summer? ??? ??? ??? ;D

Smoky

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 03:21:24 PM »
The mini rally is proceeding with lots of fun!  Jack and Liz arrived early today.  Yesterday the Admiral and I passed fire engines, ambulances and police cars tearing in the opposite direction.  Also a big tanker filled with water.  We knew something had happened behind us, but we never saw a wisp of smoke.  And no, Wendy, we did not make it to Sam's Fishing Camp because we took up both sides of the road on the way up there, heheh.   ;D ;D

I am excited and happy to report that Ron enabled me to pass through the fires of the DW7000 without anything biting us.  Well, maybe a little nibble when I forgot to turn off my Norton Internet Security and popup blocker.  But once we figured that out the upgrade went smoothly.

I now am experiencing speed that remind me of our cable Internet days before we went fulltiming.  Whoooosh!   ;D ;D ;D
Smoky S  Ham radio - W3PY

The magic of a campfire
where the fish get bigger
the mountains get higher
the hike was uphill both ways
and new friends become old friends

2005 KSDP3910 Newmar Kountry Star
Toad - Taurus wagon w/ axle lock
On our way to the Poudre River in Colorado for the summer!

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 05:40:10 PM »
Smoky:

There is not a problem that can't be solved by call 1-900-RON-HELP.

Jim Dick

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 10:24:08 PM »
Ron,

where did the house on the hill come ??? I don't remember that from our visit.
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 11:10:10 PM »
Ron,

where did the house on the hill come ??? I don't remember that from our visit.

The house has always been there. We had the cottonwood trees removed that may have blocked it from your view.

Chet18013

• ---
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 07:08:05 AM »
The house has always been there. We had the cottonwood trees removed that may have blocked it from your view.

Boy! You sure did cut the trees. Also lost a lot of your afternoon shade too, I bet.

Chet18013
Chet18013
Full time in a 45' '04 Monaco Signature
towing a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 09:13:33 AM »
Didn't affect the shade all that much but did eliminate the chance of getting a rotten cottonwood tree from falling on a rig parked here.  Cottonwoods tend to rot from the center out which two of the three cut down had already done.  Besides makes for better Satellite reception.

Smoky

• ---
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 11:13:47 AM »
Aye Jeff!  We both have the el primo D-Way installer!

The magic of a campfire
the mountains get higher

JerArdra

• ---
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 04:45:47 AM »
I like it with the trees removed.  Also, it looks like it makes it easier for the SAT dish.  Nice photos.

JerryF
JerryF  ;D  ;D

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 02:53:18 PM »
Yes we agree it is better with those garbage cottonwood removed.  I do feel more comfortable that they are gone too. I always worried that they might drop a limb.

Hope you guys are having a great time.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 09:56:45 PM »
The Sam's Camp Minnie Rally continues.  Sam, Liz, Cole, Jack and Smoky are shown setting around enjoying the late afternoon air behind the rigs.  Next is a shot of Cole and Jack on the lake fishing.  Next photo was taken after sunset of the rigs at Sam's Camp.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 10:07:29 PM »
Smoky departed this morning heading out to Kalispel.  Enjoyed having Smoky here at the Sam's Camp Minnie rally.  Drive safe Smoky.  The first photo today is of Liz caught taking a photo of her grandson Cole showing one of the fish it caught today.  Had a great supper eating today's catch prepared by Jack.  The next photo shows Jack and Cole preparing the days catch.

Smoky

• ---
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 11:12:35 PM »
Sadly I had to leave the mini rally.  Sending this evening at the WalMart in Great Falls.  A very pleasant place and lots of good groceries to fill the pantry with.  One of the rare occasions I have to "Bach" it in the MH.  tomorrow heading out for the Canyon RV & Campground in Hungry Horse near West Glacier.  They advertise a full hookup with 50 amp at sites a few hundred feet from the Flathead River at $32.  Good price!  Plan to fish there for 4 or 5 days.  Then on to Kalispell to hook up with the Admiral.  And maybe Jeff and Sue will be meeting us there next week as well.

At the mini rally at Sam's Camp, I must say I was VERY impressed with Cole.  He is quite an adult young man and very smart.  I wish you well Cole and best of luck with your schooling.  Even though some day I will be watching you on TV playing in the Big Show!

The magic of a campfire
the mountains get higher

Jim Dick

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 10:32:09 AM »

Now I remember there were trees behind us. Never saw the house.
Jim

Titusville, Florida
U.S. Navy Veteran
2000 American Dream 40' DP
2012 GMC Terrain
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T Motorcycle
http://photo.net/photos/jimdick

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 01:40:58 PM »
With the departure of Jack, Liz and their grandson Cole this morning the first Sam's Camp Minnie rally of 2006 has come to an end.  With the fishing and other activities only but a memory now.  We are looking forward to the next Sam's Camp Minnie rally.

Smoky

• ---
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 05:02:34 AM »
Ron:

I forgot to ask you a question when I was there.  With your plan to change your "winterization" procedures, are you still planning to come to
QZ this January?

The magic of a campfire
the mountains get higher

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 07:46:19 AM »
Ron:

I forgot to ask you a question when I was there.  With your plan to change your "winterization" procedures, are you still planning to come to
QZ this January?

Undecided.  We will be in South Texas this year but haven't decide on traveling to QZ.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 02:16:42 PM »
Ron,
When are you leaving Lewistown?   Nancy & I finish up our job here on Sept 8 and will probably be on the road by Sept. 11.  We will head towards Montana if you & Sam are still in residence there - otherwise we will probably go direct to Wyoming (Jackson Hole area) to see some friends there.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Jackliz

• ---
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 03:52:27 PM »
With the departure of Jack, Liz and their grandson Cole this morning the first Sam's Camp Minnie rally of 2006 has come to an end.  With the fishing and other activities only but a memory now.  We are looking forward to the next Sam's Camp Minnie rally.

Howdy, Framily.
We had a very good time at Sam's Camp Mini rally. Ron and Sam are very generous and gracious hosts. Thank you again, Sam and Ron.

We drove to Buffalo, WY and stayed at Deer Park RV park. We liked the park and area so much that we stayed for two days. We took a scenic drive west on Highway 16 into the Big Horn Mountains. We drove into Crazy Woman canyon. WOW!! Narrow road threading our way past immense boulders.

Next day we headed for Cheyenne but I had forgotten about Cheyenne Frontier Days. No RV sites with electric available anywhere!! We fueled up at the Cheyenne Flying J , 254 gallons at $2.949/gallon.  We drove to Sidney, NE and stayed at Cabela's RV park. After supper, Jack and Cole walked over to the Cabela's store and drooled.  ;D   ;D

Today we are at the Prairie Oasis  RV park in Henderson, NE. It is an nice park and it has nice long sites!! Note to SKPs, this park is in the Escapees Discount directory.  Weird thing happened. The Jeep's battery was dead when we stopped for the day. Must have left something on that made the battery go down.  Jack jumped the Jeep's battery with one of the coach batteries. No problem but weird.   ???   ???

We are continuing to make our way to Oklahoma City to go to the Cowboy museum there. Then it is down to Fort Worth, TX to take Cole home.   

Regards,
Jack, Liz, Cole and Oreo the escape cat.
P.S. It is very hot here. I am grateful for good power at the hookup and our 3 air conditioners.
Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce and Oreo the Escape Cat
Fulltiming in a 1993 Wanderlodge WB 40 ft
Dhanis, TX - Winter
Buena Vista, CO - Summer

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 04:05:19 PM »
Ron and Sam are very generous and gracious hosts.

They sure are Liz.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2006, 06:51:48 PM »
Gary,

We will be here.  Plans are to head out early November.  Look forward to seeing you guys here at Sam's Camp.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2006, 06:54:33 PM »
Thanks Liz.  Sam and I enjoyed your stay here. We are looking forward to your return to Sam's Camp. All your mail arrived and has been sent on to the adress you gave Sam.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:58:00 PM by Ron »

Smoky

• ---
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2006, 01:40:19 AM »
Liz:

Do you guys use a Brake Buddy?

We do, and it drains our battery.  If we pull the toad for more than one day without running the engine for 15 minutes, we are guaranteed a dead battery.  This is the one thing I do not like about the Brake Buddy.  So at the end of each day, I fire up the Taurus and let it run for 15 minutes.  That seems to be enough to get us through the next day.

I am hoping a new battery might solve the problem.  In Great Falls we had the Super Walmart where we spent the night do an oil change and their famous 18 point check.  In addition to new wiper blades, and air filter, they suggested we needed to replace the battery.  am giving that some serious thought, though the Taurus has never given us any trouble except when towing.

Please say howdy to Cole for us!

The magic of a campfire
the mountains get higher

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 03:42:27 PM »
Smoky,  I think the batteries Wal-Mart sells are made by Excide which I would strongly recommend avoiding.  Look for an Interstate battery.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2006, 03:50:48 PM »
With the arrival of Al and Vel woods the minnie rallies at Sam's Camp continue.  Grilled some steaks yesterday evening and this morning Al  & I went out to the lake to try our luck at fishing.  Had to head back to Sam's Camp shortly after Ten AM since we had caught our limit.   See the attached photo of the days catch taken inront of the American Eagles and the two HRV/s.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2006, 06:48:26 PM »
So what's for dinner??? Tell Al and Vel we said Hi.
Wendy and Mike
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2006, 08:51:49 PM »
So what's for dinner??? Tell Al and Vel we said Hi.

Lets see we all had enchiladas this eveining.

Lorna

• ---
    • Our itinerary
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2006, 08:59:15 PM »
Hi to all of you from Ned and Lorna
Lorna
Better to drive thy closet than pack thy suitcase
Want to know where we are?
http://whereis.nedreiter.com
Follow our trip of the USA at http://blog.usabyrv.us