Sam's Camp Minnie Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ron said:
With the departure of Jack, Liz and their grandson Cole this morning the first Sam's Camp Minnie rally of 2006 has come to an end.  With the fishing and other activities only but a memory now.  We are looking forward to the next Sam's Camp Minnie rally.

Howdy, Framily.
We had a very good time at Sam's Camp Mini rally. Ron and Sam are very generous and gracious hosts. Thank you again, Sam and Ron.

We drove to Buffalo, WY and stayed at Deer Park RV park. We liked the park and area so much that we stayed for two days. We took a scenic drive west on Highway 16 into the Big Horn Mountains. We drove into Crazy Woman canyon. WOW!! Narrow road threading our way past immense boulders.

Next day we headed for Cheyenne but I had forgotten about Cheyenne Frontier Days. No RV sites with electric available anywhere!! We fueled up at the Cheyenne Flying J , 254 gallons at $2.949/gallon.  We drove to Sidney, NE and stayed at Cabela's RV park. After supper, Jack and Cole walked over to the Cabela's store and drooled.  ;D  ;D

Today we are at the Prairie Oasis  RV park in Henderson, NE. It is an nice park and it has nice long sites!! Note to SKPs, this park is in the Escapees Discount directory.  Weird thing happened. The Jeep's battery was dead when we stopped for the day. Must have left something on that made the battery go down.  Jack jumped the Jeep's battery with one of the coach batteries. No problem but weird.  ???  ???

We are continuing to make our way to Oklahoma City to go to the Cowboy museum there. Then it is down to Fort Worth, TX to take Cole home. 

Regards,
Jack, Liz, Cole and Oreo the escape cat.
P.S. It is very hot here. I am grateful for good power at the hookup and our 3 air conditioners.

Thanks Liz.? Sam and I enjoyed your stay here.?We are looking forward to your return to Sam's Camp. All your mail arrived and has been sent on to the adress you gave Sam.

Liz:

Do you guys use a Brake Buddy?

We do, and it drains our battery.  If we pull the toad for more than one day without running the engine for 15 minutes, we are guaranteed a dead battery.  This is the one thing I do not like about the Brake Buddy.  So at the end of each day, I fire up the Taurus and let it run for 15 minutes.  That seems to be enough to get us through the next day.

I am hoping a new battery might solve the problem.  In Great Falls we had the Super Walmart where we spent the night do an oil change and their famous 18 point check.  In addition to new wiper blades, and air filter, they suggested we needed to replace the battery.  am giving that some serious thought, though the Taurus has never given us any trouble except when towing.

Please say howdy to Cole for us!

Smoky,  I think the batteries Wal-Mart sells are made by Excide which I would strongly recommend avoiding.  Look for an Interstate battery.

With the arrival of Al and Vel woods the minnie rallies at Sam's Camp continue.? Grilled some steaks yesterday evening and this morning Al? & I went out to the lake to try our luck at fishing.? Had to head back to Sam's Camp shortly after Ten AM since we had caught our limit.? ?See the attached photo of the days catch taken inront of the American Eagles and the two HRV/s.

Attachments

• The days Catch at Sam's Camp.JPG
    The days Catch at Sam's Camp.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 51
Gary, Sam and I are looking forward to seeing you guys in Sept.

The most recent Sam's Camp minnie rally has ended with the departure on Al & Vel.  We had a great time visiting and Al & I did get in some fishing time.  Expect another minnie rally to begin next week sometime when the Cousins arrive.

Wendy all the fish left with the Woods.  I figure I will just go get some more.

Sounds as if a wonderful time was had by all.  And Sam, you're looking great!!  Now I must get back on the low carb kick.

Peggy

Ron said:
Wendy all the fish left with the Woods.? I figure I will just go get some more.

We always ate 'em the day we caught 'em. Of course, we were usually backpacking and that was the only fresh food we had.

wendycoke said:
We always ate 'em the day we caught 'em. Of course, we were usually backpacking and that was the only fresh food we had.

But if we did that all the time we wouldn't have been able to serve fried trout at the Moab rally in 2004 and 2005. ;)  Besides I can't eat all the fish I usually catch in one setting. :D

Ho ho ho Ron!  :D  Are you sitting at a campfire where the fish get bigger and bigger?  and more numerous?  ;D ;D

This new 7000 is working like dynamite!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skidsteerpilot
Back
Top Bottom